39 weeks and counting...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jenanderson

Re : 39 weeks and counting...

Postby jenanderson » Mon Apr 13, 2009 04:46 pm

WOW! What all the other gals said! Let us know what they tell you to do, maybe it's time for Dani to meet his family!

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Mon Apr 13, 2009 04:04 pm

Thank you ladies!

Unfortunately it seems the meds are not working very well anymore, even though I haven't missed a pill since the last episode. :( Pressures are labile, but higher than they used to be, and for example right now they're at 173/99.

And again last night I was getting 175 systolic at 3 am, when I woke up and took my pressures lying down.

I think I'm calling the hospital now. They probably tell me to rest now (well it's 11 pm anyway) and come in the morning. And then they'll just up the meds. But something needs to be done, I guess, even though the dr said the last time she wouldn't worry unless my systolic would be around 100 all the time (now it's "only" over 90 all the time, and over 95 a lot of the time).

Sonja, the dr told me to call if I get nervous - she wouldn't give me any specific BP numbers for that. For now they've just said to up the meds if my pressures get up again, instead of inducing.

Thanks again for the encouragement. As boring as it is to wait to go into labour spontaneously (with these weeks, and as it just doesn't seem to happen, lol), I had been hoping my pressures would stay stabile until then. *sigh*

Karoliina 39+3

dolphinjen

Postby dolphinjen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 03:03 pm

39 weeks! That's a dream. Stay on your left side! only a few more days to go!

babyemsmom

Postby babyemsmom » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:13 am

39 weeks is great! But goodness I hope he decides to come soon...those BP numbers don't need to get an higher!

Hoping that you are in labor today and the next post we see is the birth story :)

ud0r1234

Postby ud0r1234 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:02 am

Congrats on making it to 39 weeks! I'm so happy for you :)

dbronson

Postby dbronson » Mon Apr 13, 2009 08:11 am

Wow, holy pressures girl. Dani just needs to come out already!! But I am so excited you made it so long!!!

susheli

Postby susheli » Mon Apr 13, 2009 04:25 am

Dear Karoliina,
Congratulations on reaching 39 weeks! But, arrghh, I don't like those pressures at ALL either... :( 175, 178 diastolic lying, that's just too high. I hope you had a better night and/or that Dani has decided to come. :)
I understand that you're worried ((((hugs)))) - I'd call your hospital or go in if you get readings like that again today (well, I'm sure that's what you're planning to do). If it helps, my dr said, when my bp was still spiking (before I got my current 2nd trimster dip), that she wanted me to come in as soon as I had spikes over 170. It must be so hard to know exactly what to do as your dr didn't give you specific numbers... Hopefully, as the other's said, it was just the missed pill, but you're so close now and your body has done an amazing job dealing with PE, there's no reason to risk anything now. So don't hesiste to call in, okay?
And please let us know how you are when you can! I'm thinking of you very, very much and I can't wait to see your borth announcement very soon (and some beautiful pics of Dani :)? If you feel comfortable posting them...)!
Love and hugs,
xoxox Sush

kteacher

Postby kteacher » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:53 pm

When's your next appointment...don't like those pressures...but hopefully, it's from the missed pill. Let us know.
Come on out Dani. Your mommy's ready to hold you!

joker

Postby joker » Sun Apr 12, 2009 08:20 pm

Wow on the pressures! Hopefully it was just from missing a pill, but don't miss anymore pills! Congrats on 39 weeks though!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sun Apr 12, 2009 07:10 pm

Oh man - 39 weeks! A friend of mine just had a baby at around 39 weeks and was hoping to go into labor (as she was moving about two weeks later) so she said that she just willed herself to go into labor - apparently that, swinging and walking her stairs did the trick.

What are your call in bps? Will they induce for your pressures at any point? (Sorry if you have answered these questions already).

Take care.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”