Triage frustration UPDATE!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
karoliina

Re : Triage frustration UPDATE!

Postby karoliina » Sun Apr 12, 2009 01:46 pm

I'm glad to hear BP and protein are pretty stable, but I hope your dr will let you stay in the hospital based on your other symptoms, as they definitely sound serious to me!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Karoliina

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:45 am

Update to the update... :)

My 24hr urine came back in the 200s. My BPs are still hanging out 140s/80s-90s. The doctor came in this morning and said that my doc is on tonight (yay!!!) so I get to stay at least until I get to talk to her. I think there is a good chance she won't discharge me, based on the headaches and vision, and my history. But I won't know until she's in, and I feel better overall that it's going to be her that makes the decision.

In the meantime I am just hanging out with my headache, waiting for DH and Mason to come (DH told Mason that the Easter Bunny visited my room!).

Happy Easter everyone!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:57 pm

Thanks guys! So far so good, or at least stable. My BPs have been 140s/80s-90s since I got here, with one 158/105 spike today that came down 10 minutes later. I'm finishing up my 24hr urine in a couple of hours, so we should have the results by morning. I don't expect it to be significant, as I'm apparently dipping negative and trace here, but I haven't dipped today and I know it can change quickly. My headaches are still horrendous, and I'm on Oxycodone which brings the pain from about an 8/10 to a 6 or a 7. I hope they won't discharge me based on protein alone, considering how bad my headaches are combined with the vision disturbances.

My OB is back from vacation on Tuesday and I hope they keep me here at least until she gets back! My NSTs have been fine, but I haven't had an ultrasound in a couple of weeks, so I'm also hoping one is done tomorrow so we can check Nugget's growth.

Thanks so much for all the support! I will update again when I find out about the protein, and hopefully I will know more about a plan of care at that point!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Just jumping on the glad you are there train....
I was thinking about you just this afternoon - I'm hoping you can let us know you are doing...

joker

Postby joker » Sat Apr 11, 2009 07:21 pm

I'm glad you are there...it sounds like the best place for you right now!

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:38 am

Wow! Scary. I am so glad they admitted you to the hospital. Please keep us posted!

ambersjourney

Postby ambersjourney » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:36 am

I am so glad that you are there. Keep us updated, I guess you have internet access? Yea!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:02 am

I agree with you - I would rather be in the hospital with what you have going on, plus they will be able to see your overnight bps first hand.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:02 am

Sounds like the hospital is the best place for you to be right now and if it makes you and hubby feel better - good! Glad the second doc was more attentive. Hoping you get some rest and relief from your headache.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Sat Apr 11, 2009 09:36 am

I feel safer with you there! Glad you got a different Dr. this time & that they are taking your symptoms & BP's more seriously. Keep us posted when you can and hang in there!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”