Bp elevated! UPDATED!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
debbie78

Re : Bp elevated! UPDATED!

Postby debbie78 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 07:05 am

I agree, it is very stressful when you are watching your BP go up. I, too, hope that your docs decide that you've had enough and you are holding that little babe in your arms very, very soon. <3

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu Apr 09, 2009 04:21 pm

I am so glad that you are being seen so often!

Let us know how you are doing - you will have a baby very soon!

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Thu Apr 09, 2009 03:24 pm

I'm glad your dr seems to be taking a very good care of you, and as you are in such good weeks, it's okay for little Steven to come.

Let us know what happens next!

Karoliina

joker

Postby joker » Thu Apr 09, 2009 02:41 pm

Well, not that I'm happy for you that your bp is up, but it sounds like they are being very proactive and I hope the next post we see from you is that little Steven Thomas is here safe and sound!

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:59 am

It's so stressful when your blood pressure goes up, but Congratulations on making it this far!

mama2aredhead

Bp elevated! UPDATED!

Postby mama2aredhead » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:32 am

So I went to my endo appt this am for my last GD check before my c-section next thursday. And for the first time since 10 weeks by bp was up! The first time it was 132/86 and she then took it again 20 min later and it was 136/90. So I called my ob office and they are having me come in for an appt and lab work. I already had my bpp scheduled for 3pm at the mfm so I will still be going there but I am wondering if they will get him out sooner than next week? I am a bit bummed out because I have made it to 38w2d and now it decides to go up! But of course I wouuld rather have it go up now then at 28 weeks like my last pregnancy! I will give you all an update when I know more.

UPDATE:
I went to my ob (my ob is off today of course!) and bp was 138/86, urine fine, no weight gain since monday, Steven's hb fine. They had me lay on my left side and re took my bp and it was 128/78. So they had me get labs drawn and the results will be back in the am. I am going to the mfm still at 3pm for my bpp and the ob wants them to re check my bp then. So we shall see if they say anything different. I have an appt with my ob tomorrow am so we shall see what he thinks. I know he had told me before that once I hit 36 weeks if my bp does anything they will just deliver. I am now over 38 weeks so hopefully he still thinks that way!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”