+2? - update

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kbunsey

Re : +2? - update

Postby kbunsey » Tue Apr 14, 2009 01:53 pm

Good news. Keep doing what you're doing!

stacylw

Postby stacylw » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:53 pm

That's great news- I'm really happy for you and totally understand what you're going through. I don't know why but those dipsticks are very inaccurate, and I've read some medical papers saying the same thing. They're just for screening people, and can be thrown off by things like discharge, mucus, etc. since those all have protein in them.

I had 2+ at 28 weeks, and the same thing happened with my 24 hour (it was negative for PE). That's now happened once more, and I think it just makes us nervous and anxious, that's about it. But, its good that they're following closely despite driving us crazy.

Good luck in the coming weeks. Day by day is definitely the way to go!

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 05:42 pm

Great news!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Mon Apr 13, 2009 03:47 pm

Congratulations - I'm so glad that your test was so positive!!!

babyemsmom

Postby babyemsmom » Mon Apr 13, 2009 03:17 pm

Glad to hear it!
Stay away PE:)

dolphinjen

Postby dolphinjen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 03:07 pm

My 24-hour was 178, so not even near the 300 mark, thank God. Thanks, everyone. I'm still taking it easy and that seems to be helping. So much activity with babies being born, it's very motivating to do what needs to be done to get thru this pregnancy with a healthy baby.

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Thu Apr 09, 2009 03:05 pm

Nice to see you again, Jenny!

I think it's likely you have SOME protein as it's +2, but it might not be as much as it seems.

Drinking a lot of fluids won't cure or stop you from getting PE, but in my understanding it helps your kidneys that will be under a lot of pressure when pregnant - especially if you get PE. So it's always good to drink that water (not too much, though). :)

Good luck and let us know the results!

Karoliina

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:36 am

Hey Jenny -
About the 24 hour - it's really the best way to get a baseline of where you are and be able to judge next steps so I'm so glad that your docs are doing one! About water effecting PE - unfortunately no but I so WISH that you could drink enough to ward off PE! Although like Julie said it can impact the result of a dipstick test and if you are having trouble keeping things down then yes, it could absolutely make you produce a more concentrated output which would then be questionable for the dipstick result.

All that to say again, yes I'm glad they are doing the test...
I've thinking about you a lot - I'm glad to see you here...

dolphinjen

Postby dolphinjen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:27 am

Hello, I've been here, just lurking and cheering whenever something lovely happens for one of you. I've just been anxious and depressed so I just have tried to limit my total internet time, b/c sometimes too much knowledge = a scared mama. I'm really touched by your words, thank you for your welcome back. I will try to be a more stable presence. Everyone here is incredibly warm, encouraging and full of knowledge.

I started my 24 hour today. So drinking lots and lots of water must help with staving off PE? The meds I'm taking are still making me pukey, so taking in anything by mouth is a unpleasant chore, but I've heard over and over that water is essential so I will try harder at this for the baby. I can't believe she's 23 weeks. If I can make it to 27 or even 28 weeks I'll be so grateful. I'm not even thinking 37 at this point...day by day, right?

babyemsmom

Postby babyemsmom » Thu Apr 09, 2009 09:09 am

I was just thinking about you too! Glad to see you around again...but again sorry that you have a "worried" question. I hope the 24 hour comes back ok. Please do let us know. We'll all be thinking about you :)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”