35 weeks and Appointment today.

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
karoliina

Re : 35 weeks and Appointment today.

Postby karoliina » Thu Apr 09, 2009 03:25 pm

Let us know then!

Karoliina

ambersjourney

Postby ambersjourney » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:05 pm

Well, its Wednesday evening and I turned in my 24 hour urine this am. They said my Doctors office would have the results before the end of the day. I did not get a call though! :( I will have to wait till tomorrow to find out how things are. Yeah, I only filled like an inch of the container in the first 9 hours and then went on to fill it about 3/4 way full. Stacy, looks like we are about the same gestation. Anyways... still waiting!

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Tue Apr 07, 2009 05:20 pm

Your BP's are close to mine - low baseline, now labile with meds, and even the highs and lows are pretty much the same (even though my systolic goes daily under 140, too, and diastolic high has been 99 since the meds).

I sometimes start with very little urine, too, but in the end I always end up starting with another jug. But I do drink a lot - and I hope you do, too. It will help your kidneys.

I don't think protein levels and swelling are connected. Speaking scientifically or from a personal experience. I'm much more swollen in this pregnancy than in my first one, but I have 10 times less protein in my urine now.

Looking forward to your update!

Karoliina

stacylw

Postby stacylw » Tue Apr 07, 2009 02:36 pm

Hi there.

Wow- it sounds like our stories are duplicates of each other! I'm also due 5/11 and just hit 35 weeks yesterday. And this past week has been rocky compared to the previous ones which were stable. My doc is also saying that 140/90 is fine, and I am in the middle of doing my 24 hour, which I'll turn in tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

I know how you feel. I'm so happy to be here at 35 weeks, since they scared us at 28 weeks and thought I would have to deliver then. But, on the same note, am still hoping to make it further.

Now, today I've got a headache- so we'll see. I hope that you are feeling better as far as symptoms go.

I also totally understand the pain of having other kids present during visits and NSTs. My 20 month old has been to L&D with me a couple of times, and loves to pull out the monitor cords and make lots of noise. What can you do, right?
Keep us posted on your results.

ambersjourney

Postby ambersjourney » Tue Apr 07, 2009 01:49 pm

Thanks guys. My bps are not great. My baseline is pretty low. But the Dr. says 140's/90's is the range that he would like me to stay in. Which feels crappy. But gets us there! My bps have been jumping around this week. I have a low of 152/78 and high of 160/104, and some in between. I have had steroid injections earlier in the pregnancy, so we have that benefit. My 2nd was born at 36.2 and she was great no complications and no issues, she roomed and went home with me. So I am hoping to reach 36. Which is only a few days away! My 24 hour urine test will be turned in Wednesday morning. So we should hear back Wednesday later in the day or Thursday. I have noticed that I don't have much urine. I am nearly 7 hours into the test and I barely have ANY urine. EEK. But at the same time I doubt I meet the pre e protien criterea in my urine because my swelling is so minimal... however I did gain 6 pounds in the last week. (7 days). Eek. Ok, I realize that I am beginning to babble.

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:55 am

I hope the lab results will be good! How are your BP's these days? In any case you're VERY close to full term, and the baby will probably be okay no matter how soon you have to deliver.

Let us know when you get the results. Good luck!

Karoliina

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 am

Bah, that sucks that you are having PE symptoms, but it's great that you are 35 weeks now!

You will have to update us when you have the lab results back.

melodi

Postby melodi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:14 am

I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you are experiencing symptoms of preeclampsia at this stage. But, thankfully, you have reached 35 weeks - and that is a great milestone! I too had issues around 34 weeks - protein in urine and low platelet count. But I haven't worsened and today I am counting 37 weeks and 1 day. Hope that you will be ok for some more time. Take good care of yourself and let us know how you are doing.

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:25 pm

Boo for symptoms, but yay for 35 weeks!!! I hope your labs and urine are all normal and you get a couple more weeks. I hear you on the non-cooperative baby for the NSTs - it always takes the nurses a good 10 minutes to find a good spot to leave the monitor on me, and then sometimes I have to hold it so she doesn't drop off!

ambersjourney

35 weeks and Appointment today.

Postby ambersjourney » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi ladies!
So I am 35 today! Yea. Went to my weekly OB appointment. He ordered labs and a 24 hour urine. (My first for the pregnancy). I reported my bps and vision changes. Friday I saw some spots and then it was like I was looking at everything through water... (you know like when you are in a swimming pool.) Had that throughout the weekend as well. I gained 6 pounds in ONE week! And have had some off and on facial swell ups. Then he sent us for NST. Well... we had my one and two year old with us due to NO babysitter today. So its was lots of fun- lol. Especially since we were at the NST for over 2 hours. Baby never did cooperate fully but Dr. eventually released us. He told me at the appointment that he would call me when labs and urine came results came back and let me know when we want this baby to be born! So I am assuming that if they are GOOD we will wait till 37 weeks. If they aren't so great... sooner.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”