38 weeks and counting...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
susheli

Re : 38 weeks and counting...

Postby susheli » Sat Sep 09, 638609 8:10 pm

Good evening dear Karoliina,
I think of you every day now and am always so glad to see your updates. :) What wonderful news that you and Dani are doing so well, that your protein is still creeping very slowly, and that you don't have any other symptoms. You're hospital sounds so much like mine, having to wait for hours to see a doctor, or rather not... arghh, that must have been so frustrating! But this hospital at least sounds MUCH better than you're last, I'm glad your doctor is asking for a bp log and that she's given you dipsticks for at home. What did she mean by "changes for the worse"? Symptoms or has she given you a specific bp number?
I truly admire your ability to stay calm (you must give me coping strategies for when it's my turn this summer) and I have a strong feeling all will be well, even if Dani is bigger the fact that you've given birth once should hopefully make labor much easier, that's what everyone I know says at least.
I hope you can have a lovely Easter with Dani - in or out. Maybe he's aiming for the 9th after all ... ;)
Sending you many hugs and happy, relaxing thoughts,
xoxox Sush

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Sat Sep 09, 638609 11:40 am

I had the third appointment in a row today, but nothing new to report, really.

My pressures were 150/90 there, and I told them my diastolic was at 99 yesterday, but the dr didn't want to up the meds at this point. I asked her about inducing, but she saw no reason for it for now. She said that if I had as much protein in urine as I did the last time, it would be a different story.

So they just asked me to keep a log of BP's and do a dipstick test every morning at home - and call L&D if there are any changes for worse. I have an appointment next Thursday (when I'll be 39+6!) if nothing happens before that (I have a prenatal clinic checkup on Tuesday before that, though). So now, once again, I try to relax and have a happy Easter with Dani still in my tummy... :)

They did a BPP and everything's still seems to be okay with him. Both the dr and midwife were making an estimate of his size "with their hands" (not taking measurements with the u/s) and thought he's really around 7,5 pounds now. Wow, it's a good thing, but soon I'll start to worry he'll be too big to push out, if I still need to wait for weeks!

Karoliina 38+5

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Mon Aug 28, 638609 9:32 pm

Thanks, you're all so sweet!

Today's appointment was a bit frustrating, as I had to wait for three hours (spent part of it doing NST, which went well), and then they said the dr was too busy to see me (they had a couple of emergency c-sections or something going on), so I have to go back again tomorrow... Also left my 24-hour catch and got the result back, which was still 400 something, so that's very good!

Pressures were fine there, but I do get some spikes at home even with more meds now, so even though I'm annoyed I have to go back again tomorrow, I do want to talk to a dr and ask about specific numbers of when to call or go to hospital with my BP.

No strong contractions, mucuous plug or any other signs today. *sigh with smile*

Tired but happy Karoliina 38+4

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Mon Aug 28, 638609 9:10 pm

So many people at 38 weeks now! It's wonderful! I do hope that Dani doesn't decide to keep you waiting, but I'm so glad to hear that everything is stable for now.
Thinking of you today. <3

melodi

Postby melodi » Mon Aug 28, 638609 4:00 pm

Congratulations on reaching 38 weeks!! But I can understand perfectly that you are tired of being worried - especially now that Dani is "done". I hope for the both of you that he will decide to come earthside as soon as possible. Take care.

laura_q_99

Postby laura_q_99 » Mon Aug 28, 638609 10:24 am

Congrats on being in week 38! Glad that everything is holding steady enough to keep you and Dani out of any danger. I was induced with my daughter at 36wks and will be with this one at 39 wks, but I don't think the reason is BP for this one. It is weird to face the possibility of "natural" labor this time around, though. Hopefully, though, you will get the experience and will have a good one because that will mean you made it safely without anyone speeding things up! It's a pain to make all those trips to the doctor and hospital, but it is good to be watched closely when you are already full term. The waiting is so hard; hang in there.

Laura

susheli

Postby susheli » Mon Aug 28, 638609 2:00 am

Dear Karoliina,
I'm so glad your appointment went well and Dani is measuring such a big, strong boy (even if they measured a bit large, he's still doing so well)! And it's wonderful that your protein is still creeping just above diagnostic. :) You're doing so well and 38+ weeks is just fantastic!!
I can imagine how different - wonderful, exciting and scary too (as anything unknown) - it must feel going over the time your first baby was born. And I think it is so normal to feel frightened of birth (my bump is just starting to really show at almost 20 weeks and I'm having those first nervous twinges about birth...). (((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Though it must be hard to wait, monitor yourself and have to go back and forth to hospital, hopefully you WILL avoid induction and Dani can come (SOON!!!) when he's ready. Have you been trying natural ways of bringing on labor? Also, do they do sweeps in Finland? I've heard that they often help.
Thinking of you so much, let us know when you can how today's appointment goes (it's good that they finally want to see you more regularly now :) ),
xoxoxo Sush

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Fri Aug 18, 638609 2:27 pm

Come on, little Dani, get moving! :) I thought 37 weeks, while I was ecstatic to have made it, was pregnant enough (there's only so much hand-wringing a girl can take) so I feel your pain in wanting that big boy here and healthy. Kick back and rest. And wait. He's coming!

mama2aredhead

Postby mama2aredhead » Fri Aug 18, 638609 11:07 am

I am glad they are watching you closely! I hope he comes before you get to 40 weeks! It is hard to be this far! I am starting to get really anxious and a bit sore. It is just so different. Hang in there you are almost there!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Fri Aug 18, 638609 1:10 am

Karoliina, I know you are worried- but when I think back to what you've been through with Stella and here you are... 38 weeks and Dani is so big and you are doing SO WELL.... I know you want him to be here soon but it's good to know things are under control and you are ok. I hope too that Dani decides to meet his parents very soon.... but as long as you are monitoring and healthy- that's a big huge victory....

Return to “Pregnant Again?”