38 weeks and counting...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
debbie78

Re : 38 weeks and counting...

Postby debbie78 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:29 am

Eggplant, Karoliina, that's another one that people swear by.

As I am certain you do, I too, wish it were your turn already!

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Sat Apr 11, 2009 08:01 am

Amy, I wanna go first, I do, I do! LOL

Karoliina

kteacher

Postby kteacher » Fri Apr 10, 2009 08:26 pm

Oh Karoliina...when are we going to have these babies in our arms? :)

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Fri Apr 10, 2009 03:36 pm

I love pink champagne, too. :) I've had a glass or two of wine weekly in both pregnancies, so I'm not judging you over a sip, don't worry!

(Here doctors say a couple of glasses/week won't hurt your baby, and even though many still stay off alcohol completely, this is my way of doing things, as I'm not taking things to extreme in life in general. Besides when my generation was born, nobody knew alocohol could hurt your fetus - and just look how perfect we turned out to be! LOL)

Karoliina

susheli

Postby susheli » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:42 am

Oh, Karoliina, I wish I could drink some French champagne with you right now!!! My favorite is pink ... yummy (I confess the only drop of alcohol I've had in this pregnancy was ONE tiny sip of pink champagne at new year - couldn't resist). I've already ordered my first meal in the hospital after the birth: pink champagne, fresh sushi and real, home-made 'mousse au chocolat' (made with raw farm eggs).

The three "S" sound great ... well not cleaning, but the other two ;). I LOVE saunas, and am so disappointed that they are hardly any in France. They are very popular in Austria, though, and I always go when I'm there.

Yes, try the pineapple - I think you have to eat a whole one, which wouldn't be a problem for me right now as it's one of my cravings - and the visualization/talking to Dani. Both can be very powerful, I'm sure.
And what a good plan to have lots to do over the next three days. :)

Thinking of you and SO glad your BP has been better today!
LOve and hugs,
xox Sush

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:26 am

Sush, thanks for the lovely ideas of starting the labour naturally! :)

Here people always talk about "the three S's" = sauna, sex and cleaning (which is "siivota" in Finnish, so it begins with an S, too). I've tried sauna several nights and also cleaning, but bloody DH won't help anymore as he feels uncomfortable with Dani's head down so low... Tehehehe!

Oh, and some people talk about the fourth S, which would be cider (= "siideri" in Finnish), but I'd much prefer champagne (that's actually "samppanja" in Finnish, so another S there, lol) - so I have to go and buy some soon (we have been planning on that anyway so that we have a bottle when we come back from hospital with Dani).

I have been walking, too, but the round ligament pains get so bad I can't do it very much. I will try the pineapple and visualizing... And talking to Dani, urging him. :)

Oh, and another thing I did was to make plans for the next three days (having friends over and going over to visit other friends). You know the Murphy's law... And if nothing will happen, at least I'll have other things to do and think besides the obvious.

Good Friday is called "Long Friday" in Finnish, btw... ;D

Karoliina 39+0

PS. BP has been better today.

susheli

Postby susheli » Fri Apr 10, 2009 08:44 am

Oh wow, I can't believe you're 39 weeks today, YAY Karoliina!!! :) I hope you're feeling well and had a good night. And I agree with Debbie, now it's really time for little Dani to come. Maybe he'll be an Easter bunny baby ;).

I understand SO well that you wanted your OB to give you specific BP numbers! But in a way her saying that you should call in when your bp is making you nervous gives you more leeway to call when you feel you need to. It sounds like she trusts your instincts and monitoring of yourself, and that's a good thing. It sounds important to me to make sure your diastolic doesn't go over 100 - but you may not feel well at 98 and this means you could call in then too. I'm so glad they've been stable over the past days.

I wonder if anyone on the boards knows of natural ways to help labor get started? I've heard of long walks, pineapple, help from DH ;), champagne (sworn by French women!), visualizing the birth canal opening, red raspberry leaf tea, hmmmm ... but I don't have experience myself, so I don't know if any really work... some sound fun enough to try! Does anyone else have ideas or know for sure whether all the above are safe with PE ... let's help Karoliina! :)

Thinking of you very very much! Come on Dani!

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 07:10 am

Congratulations on 39 weeks! Yay! Now, I think it's time for Dani to decide to make his entrance into this world! <3

Thinking of you.

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Thu Apr 09, 2009 03:40 pm

Thanks, girls!

No, it doesn't seem he'll be making it on the 9th, either. *sigh with a smile*

Sush, the dr wouldn't give me any specific BP numbers even though I asked for them. About BP she just said that if my diastolic number would be constantly around 100, she would up the meds. And that I should call L&D if my BP is "making me nervous" - so it's up to me.. I'd rather she would've just given some numbers. :)

She also told to call if I get any symptoms, such as a headache or visual disturbances, and if my dipstick test will show +2 some morning.

My BP has been pretty good for a couple of days, but this evening it's been over 150/95 a couple of times (159/99 was the highest). It's not there all the time, but it's still making me worried. But I will continue to monitor it and we'll see...

Tomorrow I'll be 39 weeks!

Karoliina

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Wed Apr 08, 2009 06:54 pm

Oh MY Karoliina he's getting to be a big boy, huh??? Lol. Glad you are stable but yes I understand- this end stretch is just CRAZY and I cant believe we're almost there and yet it feels so far away.

Well, have a little chat with Dani and tell him it's his time to meet his mama soon.... and maybe one last Easter meal as one, but it's time to be out!!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”