In the hospital UPDATE!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
melodi

Re : In the hospital UPDATE!

Postby melodi » Thu Apr 02, 2009 09:13 am

I am happy to hear that you are doing so fine that the doctors let you go home. I hope that bedrest wont be too difficult for you and that you actually manage to rest and not worry too much. Hang in there and keep on baking. Best of luck to you.

onesock

Postby onesock » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:51 pm

Great news!!! Keep that little Nuggey cookin! :)

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Fri Mar 27, 2009 09:28 pm

Oh Alison glad you posted this more positive update! I didn't get a chance to respond to you yesterday but I was thinking of you. So glad that the 24 hour came back reasonably ok and that little girl is doing so well... that is SO REASSURING. Just make sure you get the rest you need and that Mason will be taken care of..... I am hoping for more weeks for you and stay away stay away PE.....

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Fri Mar 27, 2009 08:59 pm

Oh, and DH enrolled Mason in his very first daycare this afternoon, so he can keep working and I can rest as easily as possible at home! It's an expense we didn't need right now, but we knew this day might come and it's only temporary, and definitely necessary as we have no family close by to help.

My mom just bought a new house and is closing on her old one in a week and a half...she tried to time it so that she would be here in case things went bad, but she thought she had until mid-April, LOL. She lives in Texas, 1500 miles from us, and is more than happy and willing to come help us out, but right now she just can't until her house closes! She feels awful, but she can't be here indefinitely either and that would NOT be good for my BP for sure!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Fri Mar 27, 2009 08:55 pm

Thanks Amanda! I was just concerned because the overall volume was probably lower - especially considering one of my catches was used for a dip check in the office, so that wouldn't have counted in the 24-hour. I know it doesn't really matter, being so close to the cutoff and knowing I'm going to get there eventually! My baseline FWIW was 10mg in January.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Fri Mar 27, 2009 08:50 pm

Hey Alison -
Glad to see you are going home - take care of yourself.
Just wanted to jump in on the comment about lack of fluid intake impacting the 24 hr results - that doesn't actually happen. The amount of fluid you intake (too little or too much) doesn't impact the number. It's based on volume over the 24 hours - quantity doesn't matter.

So, that said, the number should be accurate - just wanted to alleviate any concern you had over the volume issue. I do hope you get additional pregnancy weeks though!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Fri Mar 27, 2009 05:44 pm

The peri said it's about 15-20% of babies with the nuchal cord. I'm having a repeat c/s, so it's not as much of a concern as if I were trying a VBAC.

The doc said that I could stay in the hospital if I really wanted to - but because there is no diagnosis yet and the monitoring looks perfect thus far, they wouldn't have a good reason to keep me as far as insurance is concerned. To circumvent that, if I decided I wanted to stay, they would put me on a low dose mag drip, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I think I will be ok at home. If I start to freak out at home, I will let my doctor know ASAP!

I am kind of looking forward to sleeping in my bed - I got 2 hours of sleep last night on Ambien. I just never know when the nurse is going to come in and start something new or whatever, and I haven't thought to ask.

I have a feeling that at my next office visit on Mon. or Tues., I'll have more protein and will be sent right back here. I hope that's not the case, but I'm ok with it if it is. I'll be 30 weeks next Wednesday, and she's measuring over a week ahead (I ovulated early so she may actually be a week ahead of the EDD) and I'm done with my steroid shots.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri Mar 27, 2009 05:33 pm

Let your doctor know if you would feel more comfortable in the hospital - they may be able to keep you there - with a diagnosis of pre-e (have they officially done that yet?) it is the safest place to be.

I wonder what percent of babies have the cord around their necks? My second dd did. I think that we would be surprised to find out what it is, I am guessing pretty high.

Take care!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Fri Mar 27, 2009 05:16 pm

TY! I know that whether I'm diagnosed with it today, tomorrow, or in a month, I have PE or will have it, and my OB seems to feel the same way. It's just nice to be taken seriously, even if I'm still a little bothered by the neuro symptoms!

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Fri Mar 27, 2009 05:11 pm

Alison, I'm so glad to hear the good news, but I'm sorry (and understand why) you're so worried!

Btw, I don't think it matters with the 24-hour test how much you've been drinking and peeing, but you're so close to the 300 mg, I think you can say you have PE now. Wow, what a merit! *dry laughter*

It's so great Nugget is doing that well, but I understand you're worried about that cord around her neck. Luckily you're being closely monitored, and just remember to do those kick counts regularly, so you'll notice if she starts getting quiet.

I'm sure you'll monitor yourself closely without me telling you to do that, haha, but I'm still telling you!

Get plenty of rest, be well and keep baking - and remember to update us when you can!

Big hugs,

Karoliina

Return to “Pregnant Again?”