A much better day

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
susheli

Re : A much better day

Postby susheli » Mon Mar 30, 2009 04:37 am

Dear Karoliina,
I'm so glad you've been able to relax a little. I wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of you very much for your appointment today. I hope you'll be able to get to the labs on time. I'll be looking out for your update later today. (I've got my appointment at 3:30pm today, so I'll check in after that - and also let you know how mine went. :) )
xox Sush

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Sun Mar 29, 2009 04:00 pm

Thanks, everybody!

I've been able to relax a bit more now, but there are still some little things that make me worry. I just try to make it to the lab already tomorrow (I have the appointment with the nurse at 2 pm and the lab closes at 3 pm, so there's not necessarily enough time), so I'll find out the blood test results on Tuesday.

It's funny how my contractions have practically stopped now that I would have enough weeks to deliver anytime. :)

I'll keep you posted - thanks again for your concern!

Karoliina 37+2

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 am

Let us know how Monday goes. YOU ARE SO CLOSE... and I know how worrying it is. Thinking of you!!! One more day til your appointment!

kteacher

Postby kteacher » Sun Mar 29, 2009 09:17 am

Update us after your appt on Monday. I hope all is well. I can't wait for you to have Dani in your arms. I'm due 2 days after you! :) So, not much longer until we both have our babies safely with us. Good luck.

mama2aredhead

Postby mama2aredhead » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:37 pm

Yay for 37 weeks!! Very exciting!

waitinghopefully

Postby waitinghopefully » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:27 am

Karolina, Glad you are hanging in there. I really think you have been very strong and absolutely right to make your doctors stand up and pay attention. You are nearly there 37 weeks is great but please keep an eye on your symptoms and don't let the unhelpful docs put you off!

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 09:37 am

I'm glad you see someone on Monday. Thinking of you & Dani. <3

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Sat Mar 28, 2009 06:51 am

Thanks for the latest posts!

LOL, I thought I could relax more after I got the meds, but now I find myself just monitoring myself even more closely, and worrying I'm missing something, because I can't trust the BP readings to tell me if something's wrong... :D

I'm more swollen today than lately, especially my face, and I have had these "headaches" for two days - not real ones, but occasionally my head feels very heavy and throbbing, especially when I get up. It's more like how your head can feel when you're having a flu (I'm not). I'm sure it's not THE headache, but it's a change to how I've felt previously. (I've had it in the mornings also earlier, but now it happens all through the day.)

My nose has also been bleeding since yesterday. Now I don't know if these are side effects from the meds, or something to worry about. *deep sigh* I guess I'll just continue to watch myself carefully, and ask for those blood tests on Monday.

Karoliina

onesock

Postby onesock » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:58 pm

YEAH!! For 37 weeks :)

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Fri Mar 27, 2009 09:31 pm

Karoliina, just thinking of you, my dear.... sounds good but I know you are so close to the end and it's crazy nerve wracking. Dani's size sounds ok but until he is in your arms and all is well, it's just going to be a crazy road. Hang in there and keep fighting for yourself if ANYTHING seems at ALL off...

Return to “Pregnant Again?”