I am scheduled for my C section.... *UPDATE*

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jayme

Re : I am scheduled for my C section.... *UPDATE*

Postby jayme » Wed Mar 25, 2009 09:10 am

Having a c-section was my biggest fear with all my babies. I was scared to death...
I had to have an emergency c-section after several vaginal deliveries and was pleasantly surprised- it was nothing like I imagined. Recovery was much easier than I anticipated.

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Wed Mar 25, 2009 04:49 am

How exciting to have a date, Su!

I'm also a crazy literary person - a free writer/journalist writing mostly about literature (reviews, running a book club online etc.) - as well as an amateur astrologer, so I had double-fun reading about your comment and the poor dr's reaction. :DD My husband is a Taurus, too, but Dani will most likely be a fiery (?) Aries, which will be weird, as we others are Earth or Water signs.

I really really hope your BP will stop creeping! And that you get your own dr for your delivery. (I'm a little jealous for you American girls having own doctors... Btw here a doctor won't even be present in normal delivery - well of course it's another story if it's a c-section - but just a midwife, which is fine by me, as midwives are usually much friendlier to doctors!)

Oh and I'm happy for your friend, too, and think you are so kind and wonderful to her! (((hugs)))

It seems to me most April babies here (and on a Finnish parenting board I frequent in) are boys. :) Good luck to all of us with them!

Karoliina

alta

Postby alta » Wed Mar 25, 2009 02:48 am

Hi Su,

22 April is voting day in South Africa, another reason why it is a good date. I still want to be pregnant on that day to jump the voting queue!

Anyway, I also had a c-section with my first and recovered surprisingly quickly. It is not first price, but not as bad as you anticipate.

I don't have a c-section date yet, but it will probably be in the same week as yours (then I am 38-39 weeks)

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Wed Mar 25, 2009 00:33 am

When Mason came home from the hospital and we had his first office ped. visit, we asked his ped. what Mason was going to be when he grows up (because we're dorks!). Dr. K thought for a minute, then said "a professor of literature". I wanted to kiss him!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Wed Mar 25, 2009 00:24 am

Yes Alison supposedly Shakespeare did..... they list his birthday as the 23rd I think but that was his baptism..... so they think he was born between the 19th and 22nd.... ha ha, Mason and Ginsberg is great.... at least I am not the only crazy literary person (I named my cat Boo Radley for To Kill A Mockingbird....)

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Wed Mar 25, 2009 00:02 am

It's NOT silly to be scared - it's normal! Heck, I'm having a repeat c/s and I'm scared. But it's really not bad when you just go through it one step at a time and keep up with your pain meds.

I'm LOL at your Shakespeare comment - when DS was born, we looked up celebrity birthdays and I was so excited that he was going to share a birthday with Allen Ginsberg! (Didn't Shakespeare allegedly die on his birthday too?)

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:57 pm

My shower is THIS sun... oopps!!! I will be 36 weeks exactly. I'm excited to see my friends, nervous over my family, but hoping it will all be fun. Sat is my other close friend's baby shower and then mine the next day- it will kinda crazy because all our poor friends have two to go to, back to back..... it's a baby shower WEEKEND. I had so much fun today buying stuff for my friend- she's having a boy and a girl (twins) and oh, I just bought out most of the store- she's been SUCH a help to me and so supportive so she deserves it! And she's been through a lot to get here too- IVF and years of infertility- so it's an exciting time for us both.

Thanks for telling me about all your recoveries..... it definitely makes me feel better. It's silly to be so scared, that I know, but I am!!!! At the same time, I am so excited there is an end game and I will meet him very very soon.

Today has been a quiet day- no real contractions, no real changes.... my BP is creeping a bit at dr and hospital at home- I am running around 120s/82-88.... but still normal enough where no one seems concerned and I am trying not to be.

Oh one funny thing- I told my OB when he told me April 22- "Oh that's good! He gets to be a TAURUS like ME!! AND it's William Shakespeare's possible birthday!" (Yes, I am an English teacher nerd). My OB was struck into complete silence for a few moments. I know he thinks I am insane. Well, I am insane- but I really think he had no idea how to respond so he just continued like I had not spoken, "Don't worry so much, my daughter was breech too, you didn't cause it". Lol. The poor man.

ladybug76135

Postby ladybug76135 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Planned c-sections are a world different than emergency ones. I recovered much quicker with my 2nd c-section.

Good luck! How did the shower go? Did you get a lot of cool stuff?

mama2aredhead

Postby mama2aredhead » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:13 pm

Yay! Just the week after mine! I am not sure if I will make it to mine or not but it is nice to have an end date. I had an emergency c/s with dd and it really wasn't that bad. I was surprised how little the incision hurt, I felt like crap because my bp was still dangerously high and was not allowed out of bed until 4 days after she was born! I am so excited that we have both made it this far. Yay!!

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Tue Mar 24, 2009 09:11 pm

Wonderful news!!!! I did not find the c-section to be that bad. I am planning on another one (no VBAC here!).

Sheri

Return to “Pregnant Again?”