UPDATE: Back in the hospital.

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
debbie78

Re : UPDATE: Back in the hospital.

Postby debbie78 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 05:54 pm

Oh my. I'm so sorry that steroid shot hurt so bad. :( But, I'm glad to hear the Labetalol seems to be helping more than the procardia did! We want that babe to hang tight in there for a few more weeks!
Continuing to think of you. <3

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Sat Mar 07, 2009 03:57 pm

Sending good thoughts your and your baby's way!

Karoliina

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sat Mar 07, 2009 01:15 pm

Labetalol and atenolol were my best friends and still are.... glad you got some sleep. The fiery nerves in your scalp are the worst in the first few days- I noticed some really rough side effects when I switched form the atenolol to the labetalol... ick. It also made me drowsy and irritable and I think the scalp tingliness was part of it- it scared me so much I thought I was having some kind of stroke because it would just keep radiating over my head....

Well, I know the steroid shots are important- but I am so hoping to buy another week. Everyone at first had me aiming for 28 weeks then 30 weeks and now they are aiming at 34.... I hope it works that way for you too!!!!

I hope your trend continues with the lower BPs too... labetalol saved me in the hospital last time.

ambersjourney

Postby ambersjourney » Sat Mar 07, 2009 01:14 pm

Hey! Sorry to hear your in the hospital but its great you are getting good care!

About those shots... I just got my first (for this pregnancy) in the Doc's office yesterday. It stung for a few minutes but other than that it was ok. I think it was just the nurse who gave it to you! Hang on and relax for this next one... maybe it will MUCH better!!! *HUGS*

moreheadcity

Postby moreheadcity » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:54 am

Thanks. The tinglys have gotten a LITTLE better but if I touch my head anywhere, it's like a spreading reaction-----like all the little nerves fire up. I managed to sleep from 4-7am and catch a tiny nap before lunch today. My next shot is at 2. I don't want to scare you off b/c they are soooooooooooooo helpful for the baby's lungs. I truly believe that getting them last time (THRU IV cuz i don't remember the agony!) really helped Anna===never on a ventilator, barey oxygen, etc etc. She did great! I'm dreaded the shot like the PLAGUE but I hope I get a good nurse who will aim for fat!!!!! As if I'm lacking any!!!!!!!!! Labaetelol is helping bp dramatcially!!!!!!!! Compared to procardia. I hope the trend continues. I have to take it every 8 hours.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:50 am

Oh Hon, ((HUGS))

Thinking of you and you know, I hate that you are there in the hospital but at least you are in the right place and if htey keep you there and buy you more weeks, than I am ok with that. I worry about you! I want you to have more weeks!!!!!!

I have that SAME side effect with labetalol.... it drives me crazy and it's a rarer side effect from the medication. It feels like ants walking on your head all day and night. I'd wake up scratching at it. For me, the effects lessened within a week and honestly now I get it on occasion but not enough to make me crazy. I'm not sure if I got used to the feeling or my body adjusted but it'll be ok I think . I preferred my atenolol but was not allowed that.... you've scared me off with the steroid shots.... they keep threatening me with them but then things come back ok and they say ok no shots. *Sigh* I'm so sorry you are going through this.

I know this will be hard but try to get some rest, ok? And keep us posted.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:36 am

I've actually heard that about labetalol - that sounds really annoying! I hope you get many more weeks and that things get better for you over the next few days.

Thinking of you today!

hope08

Postby hope08 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:49 am

Just stopping by.Hoping things get better for you.

moreheadcity

Postby moreheadcity » Sat Mar 07, 2009 03:05 am

UGHHHHHHHH. I can't sleep at all. Its 3AM.....I keep having creepy crawly tingly scalp feelings. I looked up labetalol side effects-----"TEMPORARY TINGLY SCALP" I mean, REALLY people. I was thinking my new hair gel was allergying me out, OOOOOOOOOOO no.....its bp meds.....UNREAL. Everytime I get semi-comfortable, tingle tingle....MADDENING. I will ask for a fatty area tomorrow cuz it hurt really bad. Why 24???????????? That seams like alot!!!!!

onesock

Postby onesock » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:58 pm

Thinking of you. Ask them if they can give you your next sterioid shot in a more fatty area of your hip/butt. I had 24 of them..not to bad if they give them in a padded area :) Hang in there!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”