My 32 week ultrasound update....

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
susheli

Re : My 32 week ultrasound update....

Postby susheli » Sat Mar 07, 2009 03:23 pm

Su, 33 weeks is already so great and I'm glad you and Sam are being watched like a hawk! Your first post sounded so sweet and positive in all you wrote about your little boy, despite of course the worries and difficult news. I just love your attitude!
One week to 34 will go by like a flash and remember, every extra day is a victory because every day inside counts. That's what my drs kept telling me, to feel proud of every extra day. I'm thinking of you!

PS I know exactly what you mean about falling in love with someone's language... my DH is French, but has the most wonderful way of speaking English... a mixture of his love of English literature and French-inspired word-choice plus of course the accent... and here we are!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sat Mar 07, 2009 01:11 pm

Soup coolers is old slang for lips.... I learn all KINDS of crazy slang for Q, I swear it's why I married him.... he fascinates me with his word choice and I am an English teacher so.... here we are.

Thanks ladies! Feeling better today. I hit 33 weeks tomorrow and my drs will all be happy if I get to 34 as I have been repeatedly told. Yey!!!!! I will get there, I am pretty sure of that, but another few would be nice!

Nothing I can do but just wait.... still no signs of PE which is WONDERFUL but I am still watched like a hawk.

onesock

Postby onesock » Sat Mar 07, 2009 00:01 am

Soup coolers! hahaha that is too funny. Hang in there!

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 06, 2009 08:58 pm

You are almost there Su. And believe me, when you hold your beautiful baby boy in your arms and start bawling (believe me, you will bawl ;-) NONE of this will matter.

BTW, what the heck are soup coolers??

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Fri Mar 06, 2009 07:48 pm

32 weeks is great! Glad to hear baby is doing well and showing his personality. Keep doing what you're doing - you're going to get through the next couple weeks just fine. And the PE is staying away, right!? That's awesome. It's OK to feel mad/sad about making compromises and having to change your plans for birth experience, but, whatever happens - it will be well worth it!

mama2aredhead

Postby mama2aredhead » Fri Mar 06, 2009 07:32 pm

32 weeks is great! We are about a week apart! I am having the opposite problem of almost too much fluid. I agree that this is the worrying tri! I keep watching out for pre-e and am now dealing with gd as well and it is not fun. I will be hoping that you get at least 4-6 more weeks!

sheri-ct
Forum Moderator

Postby sheri-ct » Fri Mar 06, 2009 07:18 pm

WOW!!!! 32 weeks!! That is great! I hope the fluid level increases and you get to keep him in you for another 4-8 weeks. I have a friend that swears acupuncture helped her baby turn. It's worth a try.

Sheri

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 07:00 pm

Su-- 32 weeks already?! And 4 pounds?! He's a little bruiser already. :) Hang in there, girl, the next weeks will fly by!

BTW, you can be hormonal as much as you want. You deserve it. <3 I am sorry, though, that you are sick. :(

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Fri Mar 06, 2009 05:23 pm

Su you are so close. I promise you that after he is here and you look back at this time, it will seem like it wasn't so bad and time flew. Sending you lots of love!!!

For the hospital bag: I didn't wear socks at Cate's birth (my poor ob, peewww weee. I had nice pedicured toenails. :)) I don't know what happened to them, but I realized when I was pushing, hey where did those socks go? Anyway. I brought some sleepers for Cate that were preemie sized because the hospital has a BIG tshirt they put them in and it is too big for her. The hospital will have diapers, formula and everything needed for baby. Bring your camera and camcorder. DON'T FORGET YOUR BLACKBERRY cause I expect pictures asap!!!! I brought tshirts and knit shorts to wear in the hospital. Socks, my own underwear because disposables suck. Personal hygiene items in travel sizes. Chapstick is a MUST. Different size bras. For me, smaller ones. My boobs deflate immediately. I formula feed. Pony tail holder.

joker

Postby joker » Fri Mar 06, 2009 04:34 pm

Su, I totally agree with you! This is a tiring trimester! I know I am so much more worried now than before. But it will be ok, no matter what as long as Samar gets here safely. I can't help you on the hospital bag, but don't forget your camera!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”