Back in the hosptial :(

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
debbie78

Re : Back in the hosptial :(

Postby debbie78 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:53 am

I thought I replied to this, but I guess not.??
Just want you to know I'm thinking of you. Please update us when you can. <3

onesock

Postby onesock » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:45 am

Hope those sedatives are working :) Hang in there and update on your 24 hour when you can. Thinking of you.

melodi

Postby melodi » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:35 am

Just wanted to say how sorry I am that you are in hospital and are scared and nervous. Try to hang in there. Will be thinking of you. Wish you the best of luck.

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Mon Feb 23, 2009 05:35 pm

Sorry to hear about the hospitalisation. :( But you're in good hands now.

"Protein" in dipstick test _can_ be also something else than protein, such as a bacterial infection, UTI or the like. But you'll know after the 24-hour test. In this pregnancy I dipped +1 probably because of an infection already weeks ago. In my last appointment the dipstick test was clean, 24-hour result was 200mg.

In my previous pregnancy I dipped +1 for the first time in week 33 and made it to week 37, when I went to labour spontaneously.

Good luck!

Karoliina

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Feb 23, 2009 04:12 pm

I was going to add I wasn't delivered because of protein either. I was delivered because of cns involvement which my peri said was a better indicator of seizure risk than protein. My bps were going up and my labs were starting to go bad.

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Mon Feb 23, 2009 04:05 pm

I'm glad they are watching you so closely. I personally find the hopsital exhausing w/ the 4 hr vital checks, but it is a good place to be. Don't give up your hopes to go further this time. Keep hanging in there.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Mon Feb 23, 2009 03:59 pm

Hang in there. I don't have anything new to add other than I am thinking of you and reading your other responses made me feel more positive for you..... Try not to get too scared and let us know about the lab results.... ((HUGS)) I'm always thinking of you!

jacobkaden

Postby jacobkaden » Mon Feb 23, 2009 03:20 pm

You are already doing far better than I did! I was diagnosed with PE at 26 weeks and only lasted 4 days on bedrest when my protein hit +5! Good luck, you are doing amazing. If you can make it to 28 weeks, that is a huge milestone, is what my OB told me.

susheli

Postby susheli » Mon Feb 23, 2009 02:54 pm

I'm so sorry you have to be in hospital again and am thinking of you. I wanted to add my experience to give you some hope: in my first pregnancy I had my first 1+ at 27 weeks (after bp went up at 21/22 weeks), I went into hospital for monitoring and 24h urine, which came back fine. I continued to have 1+ with the occasional 2+ until it was officially PE at around 29 weeks and then hung on on hospital bedrest and bp meds until 34weeks 1 day. I did deliver because of very high levels of protein plus pain in my right side (they didn't do the last bloods, they just delivered), but it took over six weeks for it to get that bad.

I know everyone is different, but so is every pregnancy: don't give up on making it further than with Anna yet! 1+ is really not that much protein. It sounds like your drs are taking good care of you and your baby - I'm sending you positive thoughts. And I think it's good that you asked for something to help you with the anxiety/sleep; I did too when things got to be too much for me to handle well. PIH and PE are tough situations to handle - don't forget what they told me when I was in hospital: that you're doing a great job just making it through each new day, because every day inside counts for your baby.

mama2aredhead

Postby mama2aredhead » Mon Feb 23, 2009 02:52 pm

Hugs!! Try and hang in there! I had +1 at 28 weeks and it went up to +2 at 29 weeks and then stayed at that until 33 weeks when it didn't even register and I delivered.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”