Pregnant again 3 months after delivery!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
annoited

Re : Pregnant again 3 months after delivery!

Postby annoited » Fri Oct 07, 638603 5:22 am

Congratulations and i hope Bethany gets better soon and hopefully have a short stay in the NICU... Most people who have kids close in age tell me it's a lot of work but it's also priceless seeing them play & grow together. I hope it's true lol as i would love to have my kids close in ages (at least 1-2yrs apart) God willing!!! I think u are on the right track though.. hopefully PE would't rear its ugly head this time around.
All the best!!!

melodi

Postby melodi » Fri Oct 07, 638603 3:18 am

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I also got pregnant 3 months after delivering my little girl, and my due date is one year and four days after she was born, or one year and one day after she passed away. I still don't know if it is going to go well of course, but I have reached 30 weeks and blood pressure is still fine and there is still no protein in my urine. I have also been taking baby aspirin since 7 weeks of pregnancy. Because I had the short intervals between the pregnancies and because I had 2 c-sections before, this will also be a c-section delivery probably at 38 weeks. Wish you all the best and a preeclampsia free pregnancy.

mama2aredhead

Postby mama2aredhead » Fri Oct 07, 638603 2:52 am

Congrats! I have no advice as my kids will be 7 years apart. But I am 31 weeks and so far so good!

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Thu Oct 06, 638603 7:54 am

Congratulations! I'm sure there are many good things that come with having children so close apart. Our daughter will be almost 2,5 years when her little brother is born. :)

Wishing you a PE and HELLP free pregnancy!

Karoliina

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Mon Sep 26, 638603 5:21 pm

No advice really just some congratulations! My 1st 2 girls are 17 months apart and with my 2nd pregnancy I had no PE (just PIH). So I wanted to tell you it's certainly possible to have PE with a 1st pregnancy but be PE free with another.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Mon Sep 26, 638603 10:33 am

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy.

I also don't have any advice for you - my kiddos are a bit over two years apart.

You did the best thing and saw your peri right away.

Let us know how you are doing.

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Mon Sep 26, 638603 8:30 am

Oh wow! Congratulations! No advice, just lots of well wishes!

swagner23

Pregnant again 3 months after delivery!

Postby swagner23 » Mon Sep 26, 638603 5:37 am

I am new to this forum. My first child, Bethany, was born on Oct 6 at 24 wks. I had PE and HELLP. She is doing well, but back in the NICU to recover from her feeding tube surgery. I just recently found out that I am pregnant again! I am due Oct 7, just one day after Bethany's birthday. My husband and I were very shocked, but we're happy and extremely optimistic about this pregnancy. I saw my peri immediately, and now I'm taking baby aspirins, lovenox injections (which aren't too bad), and blood pressure meds. So far, so good. Anyone have advice or good stories for me about babies born less than a year apart?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”