What does this mean?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
melodi

Re : What does this mean?

Postby melodi » Fri Oct 07, 638603 5:13 am

Just wanted to say I am sorry about your latest tests and I hope that the protein is the only symptom that you are experiencing. Please try to hang in there and not worry too much. Let us know how you are doing.

annoited

Postby annoited » Fri Oct 07, 638603 4:55 am

Jamie ~ I had a 24hr test every 6weeks after the loss of my daughter last year march and my protein levels were considered high which the doc said was as a result of PE... But my very last test came back (June 08)with a protein level of 190 i believe,I'll have to double check then i got PG in Aug.
Funny enough, my next 2tests done in Aug & Sept were actually normal (Protein levels were less than 150mg) and then i got a little bit of spike again in Oct - 195mg, Nov -225mg, Dec - 275mg and then Feb -352mg.... So it's been steadily increasing over the months.

Back to your question, I dont have an idea of what my actual protein level was before being pregnant... I only knew of anything called Protein S after the loss of my baby! I guess i'll keep an eye on it this time around after my baby is born!!

Thanks a lot ladies~

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Fri Oct 07, 638603 3:14 am

Did you happen to ever have a baseline 24 hr done prior to becoming pregnant? It could just be that you are one of those that always spills protein, pregnant or not. I know there are a couple of ladies on here who have high protein all of the time, hopefully they will be on here soon to answer your question better. For a PE diagnosis you have to have the protein >300 AND the high b/p so hopefully you just have protein all of the time and this is not PE rearing its ugly head. i am glad you are having a repeat test done though and being watched closely. This disease is so tricky!

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Fri Oct 07, 638603 3:03 am

I think you will have more time, your protein levels will likely not change drastically very quickly. Mine were 500 or so at 29 weeks and bounced around there and then around 36 weeks crept closer to 900. It wasnt an over night change, its great your being watch though! I hope you can let that reassure you, even though you will be collecting lots of pee!

annoited

Postby annoited » Mon Sep 26, 638603 5:17 am

Thanks ladies!! I really would like to have more time and not have a turn for the worse you know? but not to worry i'll keep you guys posted... I cant wait to go home & take my BP ~ i feel funny already, hoping its just a mind thing & oh i forgot to add that i developed a cold/flu 2days ago and if i remember from my last pregnancy.. i had a cold a few days before being diagnosed with PE at 23weeks..

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Mon Sep 26, 638603 2:22 am

The PE diagnosis limit is 300, so you're there already, but luckily without the high BP numbers! Let's hope they'll stay low, and your protein levels won't climb higher. They might come down, too.

I think it's great they are monitoring you and making you re-take the test. Hang in there and keep us posted!

Karoliina

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Sun Sep 25, 638603 5:50 pm

hey, 300 is the level that is considered measurable, in my non doctor speak. Its good they are going to keep checking you. Its a pain, yeah, but better to know what is going on than not. It could be that something is brewing, but pe has many parts. So, looking at blood labs would be good too & ofcourse bp.

I had elevated protein for my pregnancy at 900 ish, and nothing else brewed. They called me mild pe, but that was my only symptom. My doc always told me the best symptom to have was elevated protein as they would not deliver based on that alone.

So, no, your not necessarily headed down that pe road! but, good to keep a close eye on it!

annoited

What does this mean?

Postby annoited » Sun Sep 25, 638603 3:56 pm

Went to the doc yesterday for a normal checkup and my last 24hr urine test came back slightly high(352mg of protein) One of the doctors is concerned but i dont have any PE Symptoms.. my pressures are fine, no swelling, no headaches... Should i be concerned?.. The high risk doc said he isnt worried for now~ that he would start getting worried if my protein level went up to the 500's and above... i'm having a repeat test this weekend.. gosh! how i hate doing the 24hr test.. I'm currently 30wks5d now~~

Do you ladies think this is the beginning of my PE journey? I'm so worried.. I want to keep baking this baby for as long as i can.. God please help me..

Return to “Pregnant Again?”