Macrobid

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
grace04

Re : Macrobid

Postby grace04 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 09:24 pm

Nausea - YES. It has definitely added to my nausea!!

surefoott

Postby surefoott » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:37 am

My youngest daughter was on it for a year or so as a 'preventative' medicine due to her recurring bladder/kidney infections. She was around 12 or so at the time. She didn't have any bad side effects from it and it helped her tremendously. When she went off it, it was weaned off slowly.

crystalw

Postby crystalw » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:51 pm

I tried it once in my first trimester for a UTI and it made me really sick! Yuck! I can't imagine taking it for my entire pregnancy! ugh! I hope it doesn't have the same effect on you!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Thu Jan 08, 2009 09:26 pm

I have taken it several times throughout this pregnancy for kidney infections plus iv antibiotics. My urologist chose not to do it long term. They put me on a super high powered cranberry supplement that is 6 times more powerful than the regular OTC supplement. You buy it over the internet. If you want the name, pm me and I will send it to you. Since being on it, I have only had 2 kidney infections.

sweetpea

Postby sweetpea » Thu Jan 08, 2009 09:01 pm

I have been taking it. Not long term though; 10 days. However, I have read that UTIs and/or kidney infections are a risk factor for PTL.

ambersjourney

Postby ambersjourney » Thu Jan 08, 2009 08:58 pm

Hi, Wow, I didn't know you could be prescribed it for long term use. (But I don't know much about it). I took Macrobid for about 3 days during my first pregnancy and it made me vomit etc. One nurse told me that it was notoriously hard on the stomach.

grace04

Macrobid

Postby grace04 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 05:31 pm

Is anyone else on a daily dose of Macrobid? They put me on it for my entire pregnancy! I asked the doc about it again today and he said it was okay cause it is specifc to the urine, and they do it cause of my history of kidney infections. They said something about how my history may have impacted my sudden onset of PE last time; of course I'm a skeptic but I know too much now LOL. Anyway, I was just curious if anyone was in my medicine misery. I feel like I'm on 20 drugs!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”