new pregnancy nausea

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
darateacher

Re : new pregnancy nausea

Postby darateacher » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:30 am

How 'bout pregnancy drops (special candy) and pregnancy lollipops? Those can be found at BRU and Mimi Maternity. I hear they work wonders! Also, one of my friends swears by Zofran.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Mon Dec 15, 2008 06:03 am

Ugh I know those days! I didn't use that cocktail I tried the sea bands and lots and lots of ginger... sometimes it helped, sometimes it didn't.... I thought it would never pass and I might die... but it did pass. I hope it gets better for yuo. Are you able to keep anything down? are you staying hydrated?

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:39 pm

I had my own bag of tricks (or cabinet of drugs! LOL), but hopefully those will work for you. I was also on a prenatal that was, in theory, supposed to help with sickness (premesis, I think, was the name).

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:40 pm

No, I never have, but I wanted to say I hope your nausea subsides and that the cocktail helps you. :)

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Fri Dec 12, 2008 09:32 pm

Yes and it didn't work for me. I am now on compazine and reglan.

sweetiesuzy

Postby sweetiesuzy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 08:56 pm

Yes! It was a life saver for me during all three of my later pregnancies. I also used sea bands. Eating ginger helped some. I did use a prescription for Zofran - which now is sold as a generic, less expensive pill. All of these things you should clear with your provider before using, but they all helped me get through some pretty awful days.

Hope this helps!

maxsmommy

new pregnancy nausea

Postby maxsmommy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 07:41 pm

hi, ladies,

have any of you taken the nausea cocktail of 1/2 unisom plus 1/2 a B6 vitamin to reduce severe nausea while on BP meds? the ob i have an appt to see for my 1st pregnancy visit next week told me this over the phone. i have not been able to get out of bed due to my nausea this entire week.

i appreciate any advice you have. thank you!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”