Addison Joy is here!!!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jenn
Forum Moderator

Re : Addison Joy is here!!!

Postby jenn » Tue Jan 22, 638318 11:41 am

awww! Congrats!!
I completely understand your feelings of "healing"... I felt the same way with Natalia - I couldn't have put it any better.
Enjoy that new peanut and drop us some pix and updates when you can!

Jenn

candyg

Postby candyg » Tue Jan 22, 638318 9:10 am

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad that you had birth experience that was positive!

Welcome Addison!

panguitch02

Postby panguitch02 » Tue Jan 22, 638318 9:08 am

Congrats Amy!!!! Happy Birthday Addison Joy!!!!

babyemsmom

Postby babyemsmom » Tue Jan 22, 638318 8:48 am

Congrats!!! That is so exciting and I love the name!!!

Gives us all hope that good pregnancies can and do happen :)

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Tue Jan 22, 638318 8:32 am

Welcome to the world little Addison Joy!

Congratulations Amy - what a wonderful and reassuring story! I'm so happy that you're doing well and that both you and Addison are doing great!!!

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Tue Jan 22, 638318 8:29 am

awesome, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Tue Jan 22, 638318 8:28 am

Oh, Amy, what wonderful news! Congratulations on your little Addison!

brooklynsmom

Postby brooklynsmom » Tue Jan 22, 638318 6:48 am

Congratulations I am so happy for you!!!! I love the name Addison, too!;) Now, eat lotsa Christmas cookies and enjoy your holidays without GD, and most of all, enjoy that sweet baby girl! Also, a big congratulations to the new BIG brother!:)

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 22, 638318 6:42 am

CONGRATS MOMMY!!! WOOHOO AMY!!! :-)

Welcome to the world little Miss Addison Joy. I am sure that you will bring your family a ton of joy. :-) Just a little reminder to everyone that miracles can and do happen everyday and that EVERY pregnancy is different. Pictures please.

WOOHOO AGAIN. ;-)

adgirl

Addison Joy is here!!!

Postby adgirl » Tue Jan 22, 638318 6:08 am

Addison Joy was born on December 2nd at 9:47am - she weighed 7lbs 3oz and was 20 inches long.

BIRTH STORY:

At 37 weeks, my BP was slightly elevated (130s/80s), so my Dr. told me to take it easy over Thanksgiving and we'd go ahead and induce Monday night - not taking any chances with my history.

We went in Monday night and at midnight they gave me cytotec to ripen my cervix - I was already having tons of contractions before that and was 1 cm and 50% effaced. By 6am, I was 5 cm and they decided to go ahead and start pitocin to get things going - I opted to get the epidural at that point too, b/c the contractions were really getting exhausting and painful and I knew the pit would make them worse. I got the epi around 7am, and was fully dilated and ready to go at 8:45am. My fantastic nurse wanted to wait a little while to push b/c she wanted the baby a little further down in the birth canal. So, I did a couple of practice pushes at 9:15 and my Dr. arrived at 9:30 - I believe I pushed about 4 times and out came my gorgeous baby girl. A far cry from the over 2 hours of pushing with my son and the vacuum extraction we had to do with him. Also, she was perfectly healthy and scored 8 and 9 on her apgar. What a healing experience after my first!!

My BP was sky high when I arrived at the hospital, but settled down pretty well during labor and delivery. It stayed in the 130s/80s the first couple of days after delivery, but at about the 36 hour mark it was in the 160s/90s. My Dr. went ahead and started BP med (Norvasc) just to get ahead of post partum major issues like I had before. Now it's around 115/75 and I feel fantastic! It is just so, so different this time!

So, no PE - but a little bit of PIH that is totally being managed this time.

I cannot thank you women enough for all of the information I found here that gave me the courage to try for another miracle. It was the scariest thing I have ever done in my life to reface that fear - and my daughter is the most amazing little creature ever! It is thanks to many of you that she is here, and I am forever grateful!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”