BP creeping up 37 weeks - help!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kbunsey

Re : BP creeping up 37 weeks - help!

Postby kbunsey » Wed Sep 08, 638315 9:04 am

Just keep breathing. You're almost there.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri Aug 27, 638315 7:14 am

I'm glad you got your date moved up!! Almost there!!! :)

itsmaya

Postby itsmaya » Wed Aug 04, 638315 1:46 am

Amy, I am glad that they moved up your induction date. Waiting is such a terrible thing to do. I hope your BP numbers come down. Look forward to see the baby pictures soon -:)

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Sat Jul 24, 638315 2:02 am

That is great news! I've BTDT with watching my bps creep up, also, and in my case, no one listening to me.
I'm so glad to hear your doc moved your date up!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Mon Jul 12, 638315 9:50 am

I am *so* glad she was game for moving up! Next week, Amy, next week! :)

adgirl

Postby adgirl » Mon Jul 12, 638315 9:06 am

We got everything done this past weekend b/c I wanted to lay low for Thanksgiving anyway. My husband is planning to decorate for Christmas and my son and I will be doing lots of cuddling and watching movies. It's our last weekend as a family of 3!

I think now my anxiety induced BP is kicking in again b/c tonight it was 156/91, then 130/80, then 127/77. Each reading taken 5 minutes later. I just need to relax and pray for the best.

I am excited and seriously nervous! 6 days left!!!

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Mon Jul 12, 638315 6:37 am

OMG that's in one week!! I can't believe it and am SO happy for you:)) Our little girls will be like 2 weeks apart:) Sounds like a nice Thanksgiving for you, doing nothing that's the best!

I am so glad your Dr. was on the same page as you were and you feel good about everything!!

Are you all ready for her?

adgirl

Postby adgirl » Mon Jul 12, 638315 5:38 am

Well, I got there, showed her my BP log and she immediately started looking at my dates. Then she took my BP herself and it was 146/91. That is actually not that high for me at the doc, but that coupled with the home BPs on the rise as well as my history motivated her to say (with no coaxing from me) "how do you feel about moving your induction up a week?" (12/2 is our new date!)

um, I feel great about it! Baby will be 38 weeks, and she said since she's a girl she should be golden.

She just said like 3 times while I was there - let's not wait for this to get worse - she's done cooking and I feel better going ahead and getting her out.

I have no protein, very little swelling, and home BP is not diagnostic for PE and maybe not even for PIH. But, it's creeping up and freaking me out! So, I'm really happy with her decision.

I am to watch my BP from now until then and head straight in if it's 150/100, or headache, visual disturbances, etc. She feels pretty confidant I'll be okay - I think the no protein is a good sign, but she just wants me to go on in if anything changes.

Oh, and I can't go to work anymore either! so, it's laying on the couch for me this Thanksgiving!

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Mon Jul 12, 638315 3:01 am

Amy,

I'm sorry your pressures are up a bit but glad they aren't really bad! I know how it is wanting to get this over with, this weekend that's how I felt but at the sametime wanted her stay in since I'm only 35 weeks. I would think if your pressures don't change for the better and you have some protein then they would induce earlier.

Let us know how the appt. goes!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sun Jul 11, 638315 9:47 pm

I dunno, Amy. Been there and done that, at least with the wanting to get it over with before it potentially turned ugly (37 weeks has now been permanantly etched as fully cooked in my head and I had NO desire to go any longer!). Not that I want your pressures high, but maybe if they're up at your appointment it will move her to action? I would imagine that having a *very* frank discussion about your fears and what you want to happen would be a good idea at this point. You know your stuff, and you know your body -- just head in there with that and see what happens. My docs wouldn't deliver prior to 39 without a flma (and with that, they were good to go), and I was totally on board for that. Totally. There's that.

Either way, I hope you either get a baby soon or that your pressures are just hanging out there for awhile. Let us know if you were successful at persuasion!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”