28 week peri appt tomorrow

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
suleaf

Re : 28 week peri appt tomorrow

Postby suleaf » Fri Nov 21, 2008 01:22 pm

Checking in on you too Sabrina...

surefoott

Postby surefoott » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:34 am

Good luck, Sabrina; hope it is going well for you!

molly419

Postby molly419 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:44 am

Checking in to see how your appointment went?

hope08

Postby hope08 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:09 pm

I'll be praying for you.I hope that she is growing right on target.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Thu Nov 20, 2008 08:46 pm

Sabrina I'll be thinking and praying for you!! I hope all goes well and hope you have been worried for nothing:)

((((HUGS))))

missgamecock

28 week peri appt tomorrow

Postby missgamecock » Thu Nov 20, 2008 08:11 pm

I am so nervous. I am wondering what the right artery is showing and praying that it has resolved and is no longer compromised. I pray that she is growing appropriately. I have a feeling that she is not the correct size and that has worried me greatly for weeks now. I am hoping like crazy that she is. My US will be every 2 weeks now till 32 weeks then weekly. I'll have a nst tomorrow and bpp too. I will see my peri and be able to discuss some issues. One of them all these BH contractions. It struck me funny last night with dh that he was acting all nuts when I was having contractions again last night (they stopped in the elevator on the way up to L&D). This is how most people get to act when their wives actually go into labor. Funny we have never experienced that. He wanted to call an ambulance and I would have been MORTIFIED if he had done that. He did call my ob because I didn't want to. Then conveniently tossed me his cell phone when my ob called back.

My appt is at 9am.

UPDATE:

Everything with baby is ok!!! She is BIG - 2lbs 15ozs!!! Hooray!! She aced the NST. They were concerned about my bp and didn't like my readings. So they made me lay down for 10 mins on my left side and took it. It was 129/83 on my left side. I told them they cheat when they do that because I am not always on my left side. They want me to turn in readings with me on my left side laying down in addition to sitting. They also checked my cervix via transvaginal US because of all of the contractions. I am worried about this. Dr. Google says bad things. My cervix length only measured 2.04 cms... My peri said it was ok for now because they didn't know what I started out at. I definitely need to keep an eye on the contractions. Cervix is closed. So I think (I have to talk with my ob about this) that it looks like it is shortening? From what I read really quick, it should be 2.5 or greater? If anyone knows, please let me know. She asked what kind of restrictions I am on, specifically if I was on bedrest. I told her he said off my feet completely and to rest as much as possible. Guess I should get what I can and can not do defined. I think I am going to be getting cervix checks now every two weeks along with everything else. Hooray I love getting naked. NOT. She is still breech. At the moment of the US she is frank breech. Meaning butt first. Figures.

She loved my log. She is building a new website and is either going to link the website I use to the site or build into her site where patients can enter bps and blood sugars so she can keep a check on it. She even asked me for my access code so she can check mine. I said umm NO. I don't want to get a call sayinng you are not resting enough (I see her once a week now and that is plenty thank you). Yes I think she was serious about that. She is going to recommend the site to other patients. She said I was pretty detailed oriented in my log and I told her I was a nerd. Can't help it. Honestly, I use that log and the remarks section to jog MY memory. She told me off my feet and to rest. I told her there goes that idea of cooking dinner for 20 next week and she gave me a horrified look and I told her I was kidding. I will be on the couch.

We discussed with dh him helping out more and Kirsten helping. She said Kirsten was old enough to chase Sara around. That was pretty much it. I made appts through 12/19 (their computers were crashing). No contractions on the monitor (hooray).

We spent the rest of the day doing errands since we were in the city. I had my car detailed and washed. We ate lunch while that was done. Then I had to go to the airbase to get my id redone but it was closed. Then we went and finished out baby shopping list. So we have everything we need for a baby except the baby. But we want her to stay in longer!!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”