And the shoe dropped ...w/update

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re : And the shoe dropped ...w/update

Postby Guest » Sun May 02, 638315 6:25 pm

Susan,

You will be just fine. You are at 38 weeks and 2 days!!! Your baby is full term and it won't be long before we hear your wonderfully positive and happy BIRTH story.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sun May 02, 638315 6:10 pm

You are so close! I hope that labor comes on it own very soon and you will be holding your new little one before Thanksgiving.

Take care.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Sun May 02, 638315 3:43 pm

Oh Sue I'm so sorry your BP is up but wow you made it to 38 weeks that's awesome!! Are they planning to let you go until 40 weeks? Hopefully you just have the most of a week left!

Here's to your BP behaving itself!!

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun May 02, 638315 1:30 pm

LOL .. yeah, I just called in my BP and she's like and why are you at work? ... umm .. because doc didn't tell me I had to be home, last instructions were from release of hospital to resume normal activities, and that's what I am doing. So now I can stay for a little, have to call back after taking procardia pill this am and report new bp .. then I may be able to stay for my baby shower from coworkers for today otherwise I have to go home to bedrest. Funny part is, I'm closer to doc's office here at work than I am at home anyway and more people around to give me a ride there if I need it than trying to shuffle kids to grandmas and drive myself or wait for hubby to get home. Almost safer at work, .. note I said "almost". :-)

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sun May 02, 638315 1:12 pm

Oh Sue big hugs to you. Doesn't that just get you when you are at term and go home on new meds. I'm sure it won't be long now and I am sure they won't make you wait long and will take swift action.

I am one of those that would be sent home because they know I'll call in a heartbeat too. In fact, I am pretty sure my ob will be estatic when this kid is delivered (no more crazy pe mom calling, lol).

timelessbeauty

And the shoe dropped ...w/update

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun May 02, 638315 12:40 pm

I always get the feeling when I get pregnant, after having experienced PE with my first pregnancy, that I am merely waiting for the other shoe to drop. Well, it dropped yesterday and here we go.

I went into my appointment yesterday thinking nothing except to mention that while kick counts have been fine, it seems little boy has been slowing down a little. Could be size/running out of room or could be who knows?? ... I go in, and he passes the BPP in lightening fast time. As soon as the ultrasound wand hit, gross body movement and breathing all together followed by a nice wave of the hand. Now he's just showing off, right? I go get weighed, only up 1.5 -2 lbs from last week, a bit much but not out of the realm of being ok. Protein? Trace... not the typical 1+ I usually see when doing the dipstick test in the office. So we come to the BP.... two days ago, I was 121/62 with a pulse of 52. The nurse checks, shakes her head for a moment and says I'll have to recheck this. I am thinking this could be good or it could be bad. She says she didn't believe it at first but it's 150/98 and she had to check it twice. Now, I'm thinking WOOHOO .. maybe they will admit me because my BP is up and it's time to have this kid seeing I am now 38 weeks and a day or two along. Nope .. put on procardia and told to go home. They know me well enough though that if I suspect anything to be severely wrong, I'd be on the phone with them in less than a heartbeat. Did I mention I am not swollen anywhere either and yes that struck me as odd because typically PE turns me into the Michelin woman (all dressed in spare tires from bloat).

So I go home, disappointed because I would have preferred to be admitted into the hospital even if just for observation but I do realize that I am not that bad compared to where I have been in the past with my BPs, proteins and the like. So here I am, back to work, new meds are helping but I'm still elevated in pressures. I will be calling in this am to let them know how it's going and hopefully make it through my coworkers baby shower today but I wouldn't bat an eye if they told me to come on in to the office to see the doc.

I've made it to 38 weeks 2 days and now show signs of PE but it's mild enough. I'm just noticing nerves going up because I am anxious to get him out now and have him safe in my arms versus waiting for anything else to happen. I go back Friday if they don't want to see me today. So much for the quiet pregnancy... it just proves, I'm still predisposed for whatever reason.

Hugs.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”