And the shoe dropped ...w/update

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
timelessbeauty

Re : And the shoe dropped ...w/update

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed May 26, 638315 2:48 pm

Yeah, Thursday night was what we originally thought was scheduled and when I was in on Tuesday, I wasn't on the hospital's books for that night. So then they re-evaluated and I was told just to come back for another appointment today and we shall see. I was so hoping for today. I'm just amazed.... I'm not without BP issues right now or knowing that things could turn to create a quick removal scenario but I'm just in awe.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed May 26, 638315 12:35 pm

Yeah, Sue, I think I'd be completely wacky by this point! LOL. Were you supposed to be induced Thursday (yesterday) or was I imagining that? At any rate, Sunday can't get here fast enough, and I'll be thinking of you between now and then!

panguitch02

Postby panguitch02 » Wed May 26, 638315 8:53 am

Awesome. 2 more days to go....Hang in there.

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed May 26, 638315 7:15 am

OK, how hard do you have to plead for a kid to show up for his own party?? lol .. I went to the doctor today. Allow me to tell you how this week has been going. Tuesday I went in and they said my BP was elevated. 150/98. Not great but not as bad as I have ever been either. Prescribed the procardia of which the effect has left me within close proximity to the bathroom for frequent breaks even though I am not swollen or bloated. I am still wearing my wedding rings at 9 months pregnant! I freaked out Wednesday night because I noticed swelling in my lower calf areas and I couldn't feel him move for about 2 hrs. I called the OB on duty and went up to L&D to have him checked out. Because this was late into the evening, my parents drove me up and my husband stayed home with our three kids to wonder how it was all turning out. I told him I just wanted to have an NST run to see if all was ok and of course, I feel like the person who brings in the car for a rattle and the rattle doesn't happen at the mechanics shop. By the time we got up to the hospital and the NST was hooked up, you would have thought I was carrying a tazmanian devil, he was all over the place and the traces were perfect. I felt sheepish about having called to go up there but peace of mind is worth everything at this stage while my anxiety is still going. Until this little "turkey" is out for Thanksgiving, I will be wired for sound! Today, I go to the doctor and my BP is up but instead of trace protein (when I have been throwing 1+ in the office) it's NONE! Wah???? OK, so no protein, slight swelling only in the lower calf caused by the procardia, and my BP was 137/76. What does a girl have to do to get herself thrown in the hospital and have a baby??? heh ...

I was hoping the doctor would come back and tell me that we could go and deliver today. I was told as we got towards 35 weeks that I would not go past 38 weeks and then they said not past 39 weeks. We are now officially schedule for induction on Sunday night starting at 6:30pm which means I will most likely deliver on Monday which means this will be my LONGEST pregnancy and healthiest by far at 39 weeks even when I deliver! >faint< ... LOL

I still can tell you .. from anxiousness alone, I am not meant to be pregnant this long, it's playing with my mind!

molly419

Postby molly419 » Tue May 25, 638315 10:43 pm

Wow...I can not believe how time flies and how close you are! Give us a update when you can.

Many many hugs!!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Mon May 03, 638315 11:35 am

Waiting to exhale with you, Sue! I can't wait to hear that you're both safe and sound. Not long now...

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon May 03, 638315 8:40 am

Lol. Yeah mine hasn't listened YET to the please turn from breech. She'll be a stubborn little thing.

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Mon May 03, 638315 12:52 am

Considering this is my 9th pregnancy, 5th birth, and 4th living child (I pray), I know being full term in the defines of medicine is great. But also being a multiple time PE survivor with several losses but one major one under my belt, I can't help but be cautious until I hear that blessed soul cry for the first time. Going home after delivering my stillborn son with empty arms was hard to take.

I'm close in time but considering I turned from good 120/70 to bad 160/103 in two days with my late son Ben, and turned from great BP 121/62 to bad 150/98 in two days again with this pregnancy, I am sure you can see why the eerie similarities can gnaw at me a bit.

Ok, back to doing what I need to do for now and trying to coax someone's body part out of my stomach so I can feel a little more comfy while I await his arrival. :-) And while we are in the coaxing mood, hey buddy, could you turn around a little so you are no longer face up? You were great to listen to mommy in turning from breech to head down, just one more little favor? PLEASE??? lol

candyg

Postby candyg » Sun May 02, 638315 7:06 pm

I think it's fabulous that you've made it so far with few issues! Good for you!!!

But I completely understand your nervousness and being ready to have your baby already!!!

I hope that your labour is quick, easy and complicaiton-free!

I'm alos in the same boat at work vs home...I cna wlak to my doc's office in about three minutes here and from home it's a 20 minute drive.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sun May 02, 638315 6:25 pm

That's funny about work. My peri's office is 15 mins from work where from home on bedrest it is 45 mins on a good day.

I see her on Friday and pairing it with a new id trip at the airbase. Figure that will take care of my day on Friday. lol.

I hope they get that baby here soon! It's awesome you are at 38 weeks. I bet they won't take very many chances with you.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”