Anyone tired of

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
julie f

Re : Anyone tired of

Postby julie f » Tue Nov 11, 2008 00:51 am

Would've admitted myself to the hospital the moment the 2nd pink line appeared if they'd have taken me. I also would've moved in with my OB, or moved her in with us. Dh and I paid to go out of state for extra monitoring, I could go on... Like Fiona said though, the prize is huge.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:12 pm

At first I hated checking my BP at home because it made me nervous but then I got used to it and love it because I feel calmer knowing I am watched by my dr's. I do HATE checking my Blood sugar 4 times a day but know it's not much longer til my little girl is out and I won't have to be doing that very often. It is a pain but totally all worth it in the end:) Hang in there Sabrina!

adgirl

Postby adgirl » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 pm

i love it and hate it - I like the fact that I'm ahead of the game this time - that I'll catch it before the Dr's do. That I'll insist upon quicker action from them this time.

But I'm tired of taking my BP day and night. I'm tired of feeling like an obsessive compulsive lunatic. I've got GD too, so I'm also journaling what I eat and monitoring my sugar levels.

I'm ready for this baby to be here and to have my body back. I'm ready to worry about something new - like runny noses, and is she pooping enough... I'm tired of PE - I've thought about it for over 2 years almost non stop - trying to decide should we or shouldn't we? I am so ready to put this chapter to bed once this baby is born. I hope to contribute to this community, but in some ways - I never want to think about PE again!!

My due date is in 5 weeks - I should be induced a little early - so I just breathe in and out, monitor and check, relax and then stress - but it's only for less than 5 more weeks...

Hang in there - this too shall pass!

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:39 pm

OMG! I totally know what you mean, Sabrina! I am totally sick of taking my bps and noting trends. I do like going in to be monitored a lot, though. Makes me feel better knowing the babies and I are okay. It's a form of reassurance for me.

molly419

Postby molly419 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:26 pm

I actually feel opposite. I look forward to going to the OB every two weeks and every three weeks to my MFM. It makes me feel at ease. But, I do agree that checking my BP at home every day gets old, and when I even have a slight increase, it makes me freak!

moreheadcity

Postby moreheadcity » Mon Nov 10, 2008 09:29 pm

YES. I'm sick of it all. I ask myself what was I thinking EVERY day.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Mon Nov 10, 2008 09:25 pm

Actually, I felt the opposite. In fact, I had reverse white coat syndrome: my BP was lower in the doc's office than at home ;-)

Healthy mom; healthy baby - it'll all be worth it when you get another bouncing baby girl to take home.

missgamecock

Anyone tired of

Postby missgamecock » Mon Nov 10, 2008 08:43 pm

taking your bp and watching it. Charting the bps and looking for trends of it increasing. Checking your urine for protein. 24 hour urine tests. Nurses that eye you suspicously in your ob's and peri's office because they KNOW you are one of THOSE patients. In fact, at my last appt, they made me take my bp on the exam table (I am assuming so she could push me down on my left side if it was high). Normally it is taken in the chair. I'm sorry. Just having a poor me moment. Realized I am SICK of constant monitoring. I was thinking back to how naive and unknowing I was when I was pregnant with Kirsten. No constant monitoring (except when I got sent to L&D for high bp and military ob appts). Course I was THE WORST patient in the world then. I have several friends that are pregnant right now. NONE of them do what I have to do. Sometimes ignorance is bliss and I wish I could crawl into a hole and just cover it and hide out.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”