November preggy check in

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
hope08

Re : November preggy check in

Postby hope08 » Fri Dec 04, 638314 12:25 am

How many weeks? 10 weeks 5 days

Boy/Girl/Surprise?we don't know

How is the pregnancy going?good so far

BP?2 weeks ago it was 130/79 so I go back on Mon to see if we start bp meds

Names picked out? I like laya christine or charles thomas.I personally like chance

Healthy snack suggestion? I eat what I can

weirdest advice you've gotten while pregnant?nothing so far

annoited

Postby annoited » Thu Dec 03, 638314 1:42 pm

How many weeks? 16weeks

Boy/Girl/Surprise? Don't know yet.

How is the pregnancy going? Very well, no complains, no complications thank God so far so good. Hope it stays this way!

BP? Hmm! been having some spikes lately - 138-140s/78-89s

Names picked out?No not yet.. waiting to find out the sex first!

Healthy snack suggestion? Dont have any

weirdest advice you've gotten while pregnant? None so far!

lawyermommy

Postby lawyermommy » Thu Dec 03, 638314 8:16 am

How many weeks? 22 weeks exactly

Boy/Girl/Surprise? Girl!

How is the pregnancy going? Not too bad, but could be better. My blood pressure is labile and on the rise. I am now taking two blood pressure meds (aldomet and hydroclorothiazide) and it seems to be working, but I still have spikes. Also, I found out on Monday that I have marginal placenta previa to make things more complicated. But, I am hanging in there and the good news is that the notching that they saw last time had improved. Yeah!

BP? generally 120s/80s, but with spikes into 130-140s/90s-100s

Names picked out? Lily (husband is still thinking about the middle name)

Healthy snack suggestion? carrots dipped in ranch or salsa

weirdest advice you've gotten while pregnant? not any advice really, but I am surprised at the number of people that ask me "didn't you want a boy?" when I tell them we are having another girl. Um, I had no preference and it is not like I can do anything to change it. Usually, I just respond that "no, we are excited for another girl" or that we are excited to give Emma a sister.

mollysmom05

Postby mollysmom05 » Thu Dec 03, 638314 7:53 am

How many weeks? 33 weeks today - YAY!

Boy/Girl/Surprise? Girl :0)

How is the pregnancy going? Been wonderful up until last week, when I had a BP scare but everything else checked out fine, no sign of Pre-E and no protein in my urine. Have my 33 week appt. tomorrow!

BP? 120's/upper 80's/90's past couple of days (last week was 140/104 - YIKES)!

Names picked out? Annie (after my Grandmother who was also born on Christmas Day)

Healthy snack suggestion? Sometimes when I am craving chocolate I will have sugar free pudding and sugar free popsicles!

weirdest advice you've gotten while pregnant? By a woman I work with to start working my nipples and get them ready for breastfeeding - a little TMI!

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Dec 03, 638314 2:47 am

How many weeks? 36 weeks and still going ..

Boy/Girl/Surprise? Boy .. :-)

How is the pregnancy going? I keep being told by my Peri that I get better at this with every pregnancy! lol

BP? 117/78 ... even after MULTIPLE stresses the past few weeks that would leave anyone in tears.... Thank Goodness for BP meds! lol

Names picked out? Matthias James.... aka Matt

Healthy snack suggestion? I eat cheese sticks for calcium/dairy ... peanuts or cashews as protein snack inbetween meals...

weirdest advice you've gotten while pregnant? how about weirdest response? ... I went to a health fair to have a lady excitedly ask me when I was due, when I said in a couple weeks she asked if it was my first, I said no, 4th .. and she then turned sour and said "how can you afford them all" ... I just looked at her in shock for such a rude reaction as if it was any of her business... I've lost a lot in life as well, a husband, a son .. but I didn't answer her... I just walked away...

fly

Postby fly » Wed Dec 02, 638314 7:15 am

How many weeks? 40 weeks +5 days

Boy/Girl/Surprise? Boy

How is the pregnancy going? Been absolutely fine all the way through. Had big bloody show last night and been having tightenings since although they by no means regular yet - looks like i might be having my baby today :)

BP? was 124/74 yesterday.

Names picked out? Henry Patrick Rohan

Healthy snack suggestion? Fresh Pineapple with crystalised ginger cubes

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Sun Nov 22, 638314 3:33 pm

How many weeks? 20 wks.

Boy/Girl/Surprise? 2 boys :-)

How is the pregnancy going? fine so far, thank goodness

BP? on labetalol...130's/80's at home 140's/90's in peri's office

Names picked out? doing that this weekend! :-)

Healthy snack suggestion? cottage cheese with pineapple

weirdest advice you've gotten while pregnant? don't take any meds if you get a cold. ANY meds...that's just too weird.

joker

Postby joker » Sun Nov 22, 638314 8:20 am

How many weeks? 11

Boy/Girl/Surprise? Don't know yet. :)

How is the pregnancy going? so far so good. I'm spilling trace amounts of protein periodically.

BP? today it was 110/64!

Names picked out? I love the name Astin for a boy, but DH hates it. I also love the name Eleanor for a girl, but DH also hates that...so we will see where we end up.

Healthy snack suggestion? Pita and Hummus

weirdest advice you've gotten while pregnant? not to do laundry?! Not sure what that is about, but I am sure my friends and coworkers are happy I didn't listen to that one!

purplefrogger

Postby purplefrogger » Sun Nov 22, 638314 8:00 am

How many weeks? 33 tommorrow
Boy
How is preg going? on bed rest trace protien, GD, gallbladder needs removed, headaches, dizzy, and bp elevated,doing 24 hr urine today
BP? top number has been high like 170's and bottom has been around 70
names? Ryan Michael

candyg

Postby candyg » Sun Nov 22, 638314 5:42 am

How many weeks? 25w3d

Boy/Girl/Surprise? It's a BOY!

How is the pregnancy going? Alright...still here! I've had issues with UTIs and my gallbladder. Just switch from midwife to doc for closer monitoring. Appt next Tues where I'll push for a 24hr baseline and hopefully find out what the plan is for the next few months. My swelling has started...oh joy!

BP? On the rise...started at 110/70 and now average around 130/85 I think meds are on the horizon...

Names picked out? Mason Daniel

Healthy snack suggestion? umm...Since halloween I've been big on pumpkin seeds!

weirdest advice you've gotten while pregnant? Haven't been given much strange advice...my family/friends know it's not cool to poke the bear!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”