Had to go to L+D tonight some scary news

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : Had to go to L+D tonight some scary news

Postby caryn » Tue Dec 29, 638308 11:55 am

Aw, Lucy, I'm sorry this is starting so early in your pregnancy.

Keep us posted.

lucy

Postby lucy » Sat Dec 19, 638308 9:13 pm

I am seriously beginning to wonder why I bother with Drs, my dr that makes me wait 2 + hrs had me come up there today and is doubling my medication and sending me back to work seriously I wish they could make up their minds I feel awful and the yoyo work is sucky. He did order a couple of blood tests so guess we shall see how those come back. In the meantime I am back to work 5 days on 2 days off, oh joy <sob>.

mrs. sagara

Postby mrs. sagara » Tue Dec 08, 638308 4:35 am

God Lucy, it seems like we are going thru the whole l&d adventure today.
I am glad the dr is keeping a good eye on you.
I am on moderate bed rest and waiting to see what happens.
I am glad you are going to be off work.
Hope dh finds something soon.
I know how nerve-wracking that can be.
Take care and keep up the good spirits.

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Tue Dec 08, 638308 4:18 am

Lucy, I was just thinking about you the other day and hoping your pregnancy was going well. Sorry to hear things aren't great. Keeping you in my prayers! Keep us posted, ok?

joker

Postby joker » Mon Dec 07, 638308 3:38 pm

Lucy, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your little girl and I hope the pain subsides with the bedrest.

lucy

Postby lucy » Mon Dec 07, 638308 3:07 pm

Thanks so much guys I am 26 wks so she defintely needs to stay in there, and ya the pain is there all the time pretty bad and than just worsens when I am on my feet or if I have to bend or lift my leg or tye a shoe or bend down to get something off the bottom shelf for a customer a couple of times I was almost in tears and I do not feel comfortable showing my pain so it was pretty bad.

My dh got layed off so I am scared about going off work but am gonna do whats best for the baby and hope dh can find work soon. the good news though is the baby appears to be growing well shes even measuring a week ahead. I still have to be tested for gestational diabetes too though. I am waiting for a call back from the Dr to find out what he wants to do at this point too, so I will try to update when I know more. Thanks again guys.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Mon Dec 07, 638308 9:31 am

Lucy how scary.... I hope getting you the bedrest will give you more time... I know you must be worried, take care of yourself!

pennyg

Postby pennyg » Mon Dec 07, 638308 1:25 am

That is scary Lucy!!!
How many weeks are you now?
Hopefully getting off your feet and resting will give you many more weeks.

audrey s.

Postby audrey s. » Mon Dec 07, 638308 1:05 am

Just so you know...I did have to take narcotics during the end of my pregnancy (my hyper-reflexia and claudication were that bad) and it did not turn out to be a problem for me or for her (at least, any more than the pre-e and HELLP were). The stress hormones of being in excruciating pain are not good for blood pressure, you, or the baby. I know no one is a fan of taking narcotics, but too much Tylenol isn't good for your liver, either. I hope that week helps and you don't need to go on to anything stronger, but if you do, it's likely not going to hurt the baby in low doses as much as your pain and stress hormones could.

I hope getting off your feet is enough to do the trick for you, though, and you're able to go on to your date! Get those kids waiting on you -- it's good practice for them... ;)

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Mon Dec 07, 638308 12:42 am

Lucy,

I'm so sorry to hear all this, you poor thing! Hopefully you'll be off work soon and can relax at home(easier said than done!). Take care!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”