first freakout of the pregnancy - URQ pain

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
surefoott

Re : first freakout of the pregnancy - URQ pain

Postby surefoott » Sun Oct 11, 638308 8:41 am

Jen, I hope all works out okay for you. My daughter is also having alot of pelvic pain, all on the left side, she isn't quite as far along as you; but now she is walking with a limp it is going into her leg. It's the same as you, position of the baby, but I know she is in pain alot with this that or the other, hip, pelvic, alot of BH and whatever. BUT no more morning sickness! Hooray! In any case, I'll hope and pray that your liver and kidney panels come out fine and it is 'just' the position of the baby. Although I know that doesn't help the pain!!!! Hang in there! It might seem far away, but you really don't have much longer!

jen44

Postby jen44 » Sun Oct 11, 638308 6:00 am

i went to the dr today and he said just like you guys that its probably the position of the baby but h'es running a liver and kidney function panel anyways so if its something else we'll find out. it comes and goes without any pattern and its not getting worse or anything so i'm not too concerned. Maria - I am also having a lot of hip and pelvic pain and now back pain, and with this added in it's just a neverending revolving pain fest!

quincyf

Postby quincyf » Sat Oct 10, 638308 6:43 pm

URQ= Upper Right Quadrant
HTH,
Quincy

mrs. sagara

Postby mrs. sagara » Fri Oct 09, 638308 8:31 pm

I too started having some pain and am also about the same amount of wks as you are.
I am starting to sleep on my right side because my left hip side can get so sore now with the weight.
I notice that I have the right side pain when I lie on that side.
I also notice that the baby is kicking there very often.
The good thing is that it goes away. I freaked out a bit the first time it happened but was relieved when the pain slowly went away. It wasn't a sharp pain just very uncomfortable.
By the way what does URQ stand for?

amyjayne

Postby amyjayne » Wed Sep 16, 638308 10:38 pm

LOL, we have a lot of babies here that like to press up against their momma's ribs. Mine too and last ultrasound we could clearly see him pressing the ball of his foot right under my right ribs. I told the ultrasound tech...so that's what he's been doing today. I would be on the safe side and make sure everything is checked out...better safe than sorry.
Hope all is well!
Amy

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Sep 16, 638308 7:47 pm

I agree, that when I had URQ pain about a month and a half ago, I debated the 'rational' explanations but when it came down to it, I wanted to be sure I was in the clear. I went in for a liver panel also and was relieved to find out all was ok. I err on the side of caution.

Always good to have a good dialog with your doctor and let them know of your concerns and how things are going for you. I know my problem is my boys seem to be paying me back for what I did to my mother in presenting sideways in utero right up until near the end when I turned head down before delivery. My son did that to me and now this son is doing it to me. I'm being paid back two fold! lol

mada

Postby mada » Wed Sep 16, 638308 6:42 pm

Hey Jennifer,
I have been dealing with right sided pains for a while. So much so, I had my OB run a liver panel to make sure all was good. And it was. Yesterday at my u/s we saw both babes feet stuck up on my right side where it hurts!! For peace of mind, I would mention this to your ob abd perhaps have him run labs. It's better to be safe then sorry.

hols537

Postby hols537 » Tue Sep 15, 638308 9:29 pm

I don't know about URQ pain as I never experienced it, and hope someone more qualified jumps in soon. However, I can tell you that the way my baby has chosen to position himself has left me with a sore upper right side for the last 3 months or so (apparently the upper right area of my uterus has a target on it for him to kick). I hope yours is nothing to worry about, but it sounds like you are worried and I would say that's enough to justify a call...and immediately or a trip to L&D if it's severe, worsening or with any other symptoms.

jen44

first freakout of the pregnancy - URQ pain

Postby jen44 » Sun Sep 06, 638308 5:25 pm

So last Saturday night I had pain in my right side (right around my waist) and I thought, oh sh*t I'm getting kidney stones again (I had them once in May 07) but it only lasted a few hours and has kind of come and gone throughout the last few days - not getting worse or anything, almost like a pulled muscle maybe. Now for the last two days I've had pain on and off right at the top of my uterus on the right side and it hurts more when I am sitting up with my bb's pushing on my uterus or laying on my side seems to stretch it and it hurts then too. It comes and goes, not getting worse or better. It feels like its more outside than inside if that makes sense.

My BP is fine (109/65), I have no headache, I just had a urine test done and it came back negative for protein, I do have some foot swelling but it's still warm in my neck of the woods and i've had that since the summer began.

So with just this URQ pain is it something to worry about? Should I call my dr tomorrow or wait until my appt on Friday? what do you guys think?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”