Next Monday is the day!!! (Update: labs)

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kathyc

Re : Next Monday is the day!!! (Update: labs)

Postby kathyc » Mon May 12, 2008 05:43 pm

It's my second c-section, but the first was a "crash section" after a complete abruption. I was under general anasthesia, then in the ICU. Audrey was on the respirator in the NICU. I didn't get to see her or hold her... I don't remember much about it... except that the recovery was really rough for a couple of weeks.

I'm sure that a nice, calm, planned section will be a lot easier... it HAS to be, right? Today, I had my OB go over a "regular" c-section, because I didn't know what to expect, even though it's my second time....LOL! He also told me that I will absolutely be on mag for the delivery and 24 hours afterwards... not that I'm really surprised.

Thanks so much for the reassurance, Holly... I need it actually.

melly

Postby melly » Mon May 12, 2008 05:37 pm

I'm so glad everything is under control and the baby looks so great. Just one more week! That's fantastic!

mada

Postby mada » Mon May 12, 2008 05:23 pm

Yahoo!!! I am so excited for you!! That's is so close!!

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Mon May 12, 2008 05:10 pm

Kathy that is so exciting, woo hoo!!! You aren't the only one that gets nervous at their OB appt.'s I did for the first couple times when I was pregnant with Braden and now we go tomorrow and I'm getting nervous, LOL!!

Congrats on getting a scheduled date. Oh is this your first c-section? If so it's so easy!:) At least for me it was and I wasn't in a lot of pain afterwards just my BP wouldn't behave! That PE for you though

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Mon May 12, 2008 05:09 pm

On the home stretch! Congrats! Keep doing what you are doing 'cause obviously you are doing great!

kathyc

Next Monday is the day!!! (Update: labs)

Postby kathyc » Mon May 12, 2008 05:00 pm

My c-section is officially scheduled for 8:00am Monday, May 19th!! One week from now I'll be holding my baby boy! I am so excited and relieved to have a date set!!

Today's appointment was great. BP was behaving, no more swelling, perfect BPP, and he now weighs... are you ready for this?.... 7 pounds!! He's at the 86th percentile!!! He is loving the bedrest I guess because 6 weeks ago he was near the 50th percentile.

I swear I feel like a yo-yo though. On Friday I was lucky to get to go home after my appointment becuase my BP was up, I had gained 5 pounds and had 1+ protein. Today, I just sailed through everything. I just never know what to expect at my appointments and I am so nervous before every one.

My OB wants to see me Wednesday and Friday this week. I should hear results on my 24 hr and liver panel tomorrow. I'll keep y'all posted.

*******************Update************************************
The nurse called with my labs. 24 hr came back at 599. That's the highest it's been yet, but it's still not anywhere near severe PE range. My OB said he will talk with me at the appointment tomorrow, but the nurse said he is not too concerned since we are so close to delivery. I guess 599 isn't bad considering this is my seventh week of bedrest. I'm grateful to have made it this far.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”