Baby Kaia has arrived

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
celticepona

Re : Baby Kaia has arrived

Postby celticepona » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:39 pm

Congratulations Ria! you delivered one day after me! Glad you didnt have to have mag this time and your second delivery was better. :) NOw we just need to get through the sleepless postpartum period. :) Right there with you. Congrats!

blythe

Postby blythe » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:25 pm

Congratulations! I love hearing "second time around" stories where (almost) everything goes right for a change!

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:01 pm

Congrats! Love a happy ending! =) =)

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Thu Apr 24, 2008 09:38 pm

Congratulations!!!!

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Thu Apr 24, 2008 09:29 pm

So glad all is well. :)

pld0804

Postby pld0804 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 07:51 pm

Wow, Ria - congratulations on the birth of your daughter! I'm glad it was a good experience.

ria

Baby Kaia has arrived

Postby ria » Thu Apr 24, 2008 07:46 pm

After months of worry, countless Dr. appointments, 7 weeks of bed rest, 5 trips to L&D for high BP's and/or poor NST's our little girl has brought us much joy already.

Kaia Rei joined our family on Sunday, Apr. 20 at 6:06 p.m. after only 9 hours from IV insertion (good nurse made the IV tolerable) to the end. She weighed 6 lbs. 8 oz. and is 18 in. long. She came out screaming and it was the best thing EVER to have her placed on my chest. Shortly after she got cleaned up she nursed vigorously! We came home Tuesday late afternoon, but have been overwhelmed by family so I'm sorry it took so long to update everyone.

This experience has been practically the opposite of my last experience. Really...every worry I had was not a problem. That teaches me. At each stage of this whole pregnancy and birthing experience my old bug-a-boos kept coming back to haunt me. My first daughter's induction was 38 hours, she wasn't breathing, whisked away, there were like 18 people in the delivery room, a clumsy intern "caught" her, 3 days of magnesium sulfate for me, she spent 6 weeks in the NICU, etc. etc. This time, my own OB delivered Kaia, there were only 5 people in the delivery room (OB, nurse, hubby, me, and baby) my nurses were amazing, and no magnesium sulfate (although they threatened it just before my epidural. Everything went sooooo smoothly.

During delivery my BP was climbing until my epidural, then they came down. The protein in my urine stayed around +1 - +2, but I can still hardly believe that I didn't have to endure the mag. despite the mild pre-eclampsia diagnosis. Right now my BP's are still a bit high but slowly going down. My swelling has actually been worse the last few days but I'm so happy to be home, relaxing and spending time with my family and ............not worrying!

I'm recovering well from both the birth and tubal ligation (the factory is closed). I can't express how thankful I am for all of you and this forum. I truly believe that your support and understanding kept me sane and helped keep this baby make it to 37 +2 weeks. I'll see you on the "After your baby is born" board. Toodles.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”