I had Izzy. Pe strikes again pics added

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
sarab
Site Admin

Re : I had Izzy. Pe strikes again pics added

Postby sarab » Tue Apr 22, 2008 02:04 am

Congratulations, Amy! Sorry to hear about the rough ride, but it's great that you and little Izzy are both doing well.

Try and get some rest, and enjoy your new little one!

blythe

Postby blythe » Tue Apr 22, 2008 00:54 am

Congratulations, Amy! A good birth experience with PE is one where you get a healthy mama and healthy baby!! Come back and share your mag story, though! Welcome to that club [;)]. Twitchy reflexes make me worry about CNS involvement and seizures, so I'm glad you got magged for it this time. I hope you're able to regroup a little and enjoy your new baby girl!!!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:35 pm

Three cheers for good doctors! Congratulations, Amy; I hope things settle down for you. Give her a good squeeze from all of us!

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Ouch! Sorry you had such a rough time. But I am so very glad you are both doing ok. Take good care of yourself. Welcome baby Izzy!

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Congratulations and welcome to the world Izzy!!! I am sorry to hear that things got bad for you but very happy to hear that you are doing somewhat better. I am looking forward to your update

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Congrats Amy!! Welcome to the world Izzy! [:D] So sorry about the pe but at least you have your beautiful daughter. Woohoo!!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:36 pm

Welcome Earthside, Izzy!

I hope you have a speedy recovery, Amy; that blindsided feeling is no fun.

pkandm

Postby pkandm » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:30 pm

Congratulations! Sorry you got PE again, but glad that you have a healthy baby and are hopefully on the way to recovery. Relax and take care of yourself...yes, Mag stinks!! I need one of those shirts too!!

celticepona

I had Izzy. Pe strikes again pics added

Postby celticepona » Mon Apr 21, 2008 09:53 pm

I wont write long. very tired. thurday am went to labor and delivery with pressures of 153/100. found i was spilling protien and had plus two reflexes. they admitted me then and began the induction and put me ritght on Mag. I was on mag from thrusday to saturday. the induction took two days. they began pictocin on satruday at 9am. I had a marathon labor of 5 hours!!!!!!!! by 230 pm i had pushed her out. it was a very horrible, painful delivey and she came out kind of sideways but i pushed her out. Izzy weighed 6lbs 9 oz 19 inches and was born at exactly 37 weeks. I held off pe till 36 1/2 weeks. we came home today. Izzy doing very good and is a wonderful baby. I am swollen with swollen ankles and fingers. Still twichy nerves cns irritation and some hyperrefelxia. Peri said we caught it in time and I do not need to be on bedrest but to continue my bp meds. bps behaved themselves during delviery and are running ok now. I go back to peri in two days to get checked again. will write more and send pics when have more energy. PE is nasty but have beautiful baby.

I want an official "I survived mag" shirt....will tell about that later. :)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”