I had Izzy. Pe strikes again pics added

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
denise

Re : I had Izzy. Pe strikes again pics added

Postby denise » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:03 am

Amy, congrats on Izzy's arrival. She sure is beautiful!

Hoping things resolve quickly for you, sounds like things are getting better slowly but surely. You guys are in our thoughts.

lucy

Postby lucy » Sat Apr 26, 2008 06:47 pm

congratulations glad shes safely arrived.

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:39 pm

Thank you melly. I knew I was heading to PE again despite the doctors telling me I looked great. :) My bp is spiking still and I am seeing 160s/100s down to 120s/60s. I feel tired and dizzy still and dont feel safe being alone witht he baby yet. I'm still waiting for all these meds to kick in and get me stabilized. I feel so much like I did the last time. I know I will recover but I just want to feel like me again.

melly

Postby melly » Fri Apr 25, 2008 02:32 pm

Congratulations Amy!! I was worried about you. Your last post before you delivered said you weren't feeling well and had an appt later that week for your 24 hr results. When you didn't post again I knew something was up. I'm so happy Izzy did so well. She's just beautiful! Its amazing how hard pregnancy can be on our bodies. I hope your recovery is easier this time around. I'm glad the lasix is doing its job. I'm so happy for you.

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:40 pm

Lasix working. lost 6 lbs yesterday. meds slowly working but still seeing spikes. Just need some sleep. Wish me luck!

ria

Postby ria » Thu Apr 24, 2008 07:51 pm

Hi Amy,
Many congratulations!!!! I'm sorry your delivery was so traumatic, but am happy that baby Izzy and you are doing well. You've been through so much and deserve that wonderful baby. Yay! No bed rest. Enjoy your little bundle.

suz7171

Postby suz7171 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 07:56 am

Congratulations on your new little girl! I'm sorry you have PP PE. Hang in there and get some rest!

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:27 pm

Thaks ladies. I have postpartum pe again. went to peri with pressures 165/104. they put me on lasix and back on altace, which may take a week to kick in. lasix working though, ahve some pretty good edema in my legs, feet and arms. Go back to peri again tomorrow. increased aldomet to 3x a day but had another spike in bp tonight to 167/104, took aldomet and bp slowly going down. will ask tomorrow if increase to 4x necesary till altace kicks in. checke my reflexes left side pretty hyperreflexic. CNS issues again, twithcing. i was lying in bed and whole body twicched. cat touched me and I jumped. peri checked my eyes today. said i do not have postpartum pe too bac right now but they are working on my meds to get my symptoms under control. sucks having cns issues again....took me years to recover from pe the first time. Izzy so beautiful but hard to spend time with her right now. just want to be on road to recovery, scared to death now though,alghough been thru this before still scared.

michelle_chandler

Postby michelle_chandler » Wed Apr 23, 2008 01:13 pm

She is just adorable! Congrats.

michelle630

Postby michelle630 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:59 am

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl! I'm sorry you had to experience PE again. When I had my son the swelling in my feet and legs got worse after delivery (didn't think that was possible!)and they put me on a dieuretic in addition to Labatelol, it took a good
2-3 weeks for the swelling to go away. Hope you are able to get some rest, those first few weeks are so rough being sleep deprived on top of everything else! Take care :)

Michelle
DS Dylan born 4/29/03 at 37 weeks due to sudden pre-e
DD Savannah born 8/19/07 at 37.6 weeks, CHTN & GD, NO Pre-e!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”