Bedrest Buddies anyone?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kathyc

Re : Bedrest Buddies anyone?

Postby kathyc » Mon Apr 14, 2008 07:52 pm

Ria,

Glad your NST went well, but yikes on hte +2 protein!! Sounds like your body is getting ready for labor though, so I'm hoping you'll have an easy induction.

I'm doing this week's 24 hr as well and will turn it in at my appointment tomorrow. I'll have a BPP too. I don't expect any suprises though, since I've been feeling mostly ok for the past few days.

melly

Postby melly » Mon Apr 14, 2008 07:52 pm

Ria, Thats so great that you are so far effaced and dilated! I hope your 24 hr results are good. I know what you mean about having some confirmation that something is going on and that you aren't crazy. Sometimes I feel so paranoid. Did you read my earlier post about the gel pack for the swelling in your eyes? It does help some. The swelling never really goes away for me, but it helps to relieve some of the pressure. Hopefully you won't even need it since you are so close to delivery!

Kathy, You are right, I am happy everything is looking so good. I want a healthy baby and that is all that really matters. Two weeks more isn't that long really. In fact, when the day comes I may just want to wait longer! Labor isn't all that fun. Good luck at your appt tomorrow. I can't wait to hear a full report.

ria

Postby ria » Mon Apr 14, 2008 07:23 pm

Wow Nikkole! Dinner. I'm really looking forward to having this little one and resuming some sort of normalcy (granted a *new* normalcy) by going out to dinner, etc. Last pregnancy I was really craving a beer, this time it's sushi! My husband's family is Japanese and we've gone out to sushi many times during this pregnancy. While everyone else downed salmon, yellowtail, etc. I ate my cooked fish with half a smile.

Melanie, 2 weeks! This is fantastic to have an induction date. Believe me, it goes by really fast. Congrats on a good appointment. The bedrest, although maddening, seems to be working for you.

Last night I too got to experience the swollen eyelids phenom. My husband asked if I was feeling O.K. because he thought I'd been crying. Thankfully, when I woke up they were better, though still a bit poofy. I had an OB appointment today and an NST. BP was 135/92, I learned that I'm 2 cm. dilated and 70% effaced (horray...hoping for an easy induction), but my urine showed +2 protein this time. Ugh. On the way to the NST I did extra labs, plus I've got the 24hr. urine container chillin' in the ice chest again. Really, overnight my urine changed from crystal clear to caramel candy. If the results come back tomorrow night or Wed. am with too much protein they'll be inducing me on Wed/Thur. In a way I'm happy that my feeling so weird lately showing up somewhere. At least I don't feel crazy then. The NST went well and I was SOOOO impressed that my OB had called the NST nurses and shared my appointment results and her plan before I'd even arrived.

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Mon Apr 14, 2008 07:19 pm

Melanie, I'm glad you had a good appointment, but I can understand being a little disappointed too. It really is hard being on bedrest and feeling crummy. I keep reminding myself that I would rather me suffer than my baby, and it helps me handle it. I love the birdfeeder idea. I'm gonna have my DH get one to hang outside my window too. Great idea!

Analisa, I'm wondering how you're doing and how your appointment went.

melly

Postby melly » Mon Apr 14, 2008 05:49 pm

Analisa, The weather has been beautiful here up until today. It got into the 80's over the weekend. Today its gray and rainy like where you are and about 60. My son found my bag of birdseed and spread it all over the front porch. So we've had alot of birds too. And squirrels! I had an appt today too at 3:30. I had an u/s and NST. They both were perfect and my bp was only 130/88. No protien. I'm still 2cm dilated and 80% effaced. We set a date for April 28th to be induced if nothing changes before then. I was a little disappointed because I don't want to wait two more weeks. I'm tired of laying around and worrying over every little thing. I just feel yucky. Let us know how your appt went.

hevavahkema

Postby hevavahkema » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:13 am

quote:Originally posted by melly

Hi everyone! I'm pretty tired too Kathy. I tried to sleep in some this morning just in case they decided to deliver today! You never know. I was wheeled into L&D at 36 weeks with my son and I'm 36 as of today. Maybe I'm just being hopeful. I know I should be wishing for the full 38 weeks, but I'm about to go mad on bedrest. I get really out of breath anytime I try to do something anymore. My eyelids are still swollen and my left eyelid has developed a twitch! But, at least I get an u/s today and get to get out of here for awhile.

Nikki, I'm glad to hear you are doing okay. I'm sorry I don't know anything about placental grades. I'm praying bedrest continues to work for you and your baby boy keeps growing. How nice to be able to go out for dinner over the weekend! I have a feeling it'll be a really long time before I'm able to do that. My Dh loves to be outside too. My OB said I could go outside if I was laying down. Maybe you could lay on a blanket with some pillows or on a lounge chair. I went out a little last week and it really helped to get some sun and fresh air.

Analisa, I hope they can figure out your meds today and get your bp under control. I've had that dizzy feeling too at times. Its pretty scary. Fill us in on your appt when you can.

Stacey and Ria, I hope you are doing well. One week to go Ria!!! YAY!!!

Going outside! Yay! What is the weather like where you live? Today we have our first nice day, sunny, since I was put on bedrest...it was gray and rainy until now, but I think it is still cool outside here, like 40s...I get to go to the doc in 3 hours, so I will be out of the house for the first time since Friday's visit to labor and delivery!

I put birdseed outside on my patio to watch all the birds during the day...might be a good idea if you can get someone to do that for you! It's nice!

hevavahkema

Postby hevavahkema » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:10 am

quote:Originally posted by mom2ella

Hi ladies. I'm so jealous that everyone is getting so close!! [:)]

I'm doing okay Kathy. Just also praying to keep this guy cooking. I've been feeling pretty good (knock on wood). I started swelling at this time last year with Ella and I've had no swelling at all this time so that feels good. My BP is still running a little high (125-135/78-85) but it's pretty stable and not creeping up too fast. No protein as of last week. I'm 23 + 3 weeks today. I will at least feel a little better when we get to the 24 week viability mark. So right now we're still just worried about growth. I have another u/s on Thursday so I'm hoping that he is still growing...my biggest fear is that he's not, but he's a pretty active baby. The MFM's said that as long as he continues to grow and I get far enough, he may just be a small baby. That's what I'm hoping for. I would love to know what to do to have a GOOD placenta??? They've never given me a placental grade so I'm going to ask on Thursday. The only thing they said is that my AFP on the quad screen was 2.6 and they like it to be under 2.5, which indicates some placental dysfunction. But then they said at my 18 week u/s that my placenta looks like a good size and shape and that the cord looks good (same day they did the quad screen bloodwork). Anyone have any experience with this???

I was able to go out to dinner over the weekend so that was nice to break up the time. Now, back on the couch till Thursdays appointment. DH is off with me today and tomorrow but he can't stand to be stuck inside so we'll see how much company he provides!! Us ladies have to make all the sacrifices, but I know how worth it it is just to see that baby for 1 second. I just have to tell myself that for the next 13 weeks. [:p]

Hope everyone is doing well and had a decent weekend!!

I pray all goes well for you..i feel nervous at 32 weeks, so I cannot imagine how you feel!
All of my good thoughts and wishes are with you!
Placenta stuff---mine at 28 weeks was full of "lakes" but it seemed to be functioning o.k...of course at 28 weeks I did not have PE! I think a "little" dysfunction would be o.k...mine was a bit dysfunctional and they did not seem to concerned, but I don't know anything about the numbers you mentioned!
I want to go out to dinner!! Wonder if the doc will let me?? I was very very tempted to go to the grocery store in one of the wheelchair scooters, but my MIL talked me out of it, which was a good thing!! being in the house all the time is enough to make anyone nuts!
Hope you're doing well...

melly

Postby melly » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:49 am

Hi everyone! I'm pretty tired too Kathy. I tried to sleep in some this morning just in case they decided to deliver today! You never know. I was wheeled into L&D at 36 weeks with my son and I'm 36 as of today. Maybe I'm just being hopeful. I know I should be wishing for the full 38 weeks, but I'm about to go mad on bedrest. I get really out of breath anytime I try to do something anymore. My eyelids are still swollen and my left eyelid has developed a twitch! But, at least I get an u/s today and get to get out of here for awhile.

Nikki, I'm glad to hear you are doing okay. I'm sorry I don't know anything about placental grades. I'm praying bedrest continues to work for you and your baby boy keeps growing. How nice to be able to go out for dinner over the weekend! I have a feeling it'll be a really long time before I'm able to do that. My Dh loves to be outside too. My OB said I could go outside if I was laying down. Maybe you could lay on a blanket with some pillows or on a lounge chair. I went out a little last week and it really helped to get some sun and fresh air.

Analisa, I hope they can figure out your meds today and get your bp under control. I've had that dizzy feeling too at times. Its pretty scary. Fill us in on your appt when you can.

Stacey and Ria, I hope you are doing well. One week to go Ria!!! YAY!!!

mom2ella

Postby mom2ella » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:57 am

Hi ladies. I'm so jealous that everyone is getting so close!! [:)]

I'm doing okay Kathy. Just also praying to keep this guy cooking. I've been feeling pretty good (knock on wood). I started swelling at this time last year with Ella and I've had no swelling at all this time so that feels good. My BP is still running a little high (125-135/78-85) but it's pretty stable and not creeping up too fast. No protein as of last week. I'm 23 + 3 weeks today. I will at least feel a little better when we get to the 24 week viability mark. So right now we're still just worried about growth. I have another u/s on Thursday so I'm hoping that he is still growing...my biggest fear is that he's not, but he's a pretty active baby. The MFM's said that as long as he continues to grow and I get far enough, he may just be a small baby. That's what I'm hoping for. I would love to know what to do to have a GOOD placenta??? They've never given me a placental grade so I'm going to ask on Thursday. The only thing they said is that my AFP on the quad screen was 2.6 and they like it to be under 2.5, which indicates some placental dysfunction. But then they said at my 18 week u/s that my placenta looks like a good size and shape and that the cord looks good (same day they did the quad screen bloodwork). Anyone have any experience with this???

I was able to go out to dinner over the weekend so that was nice to break up the time. Now, back on the couch till Thursdays appointment. DH is off with me today and tomorrow but he can't stand to be stuck inside so we'll see how much company he provides!! Us ladies have to make all the sacrifices, but I know how worth it it is just to see that baby for 1 second. I just have to tell myself that for the next 13 weeks. [:p]

Hope everyone is doing well and had a decent weekend!!

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Mon Apr 14, 2008 09:38 am

Analisa,

Just wanted to wish you good luck at your appointment today. Let us know how it goes.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”