Nausa back with vengance

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
kezt777

Re : Nausa back with vengance

Postby kezt777 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 09:27 am

hugs!!! when i was pregnant with my second, i threw up at least a couple of times a week for the entire pregnancy and felt nauseous on a regular basis. i feel for you!!! i remember just praying to get through meals without being sick, or at least not being sick until enough hours had passed for me to digest some of the food! even walking a little bit fast set my body off to feeling like i was getting motion sickness and made things pretty unpleasant. so at least you know that others here do understand and sympathize. i hope you can find a combo of medications that helps!

heather100

Postby heather100 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 09:05 am

I'm so sorry that you are still nauesous, Amy. That sounds horrible. I hope the hyperemisis site can give you some good ideas.

And sorry also for the sciatic pain. I had that and it was truly the worse pain I've ever had. Maybe he'll move soon and get off of that nerve.

(((HUGS)))

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Sun Feb 24, 2008 08:41 pm

Thanks Kathy. Today my nausea was there but no vomiting today, but I had to ask for help with cooking dinner. :x. Past two nights have been yucky with my stomach, and then sciatic pain on top of that. Izzy is just pressing down...I would love it if my due date would hurry up and get here!

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:58 am

Sorry you're not feeling well Amy. I know how miserable and exhausting it is to be sick for months on end. My heart goes out to you. With my 2nd pregnancy (the Pre-e one) I had hyperemisis the whole time. I never really realized it, just stayed so sick for the first six months, and lost weight even when I should have been gaining in the second trimester. My OB did give me something for it, but I can't remember what it was. Just about the time the nausea finally eased up a little, the pre-e started.

I'm glad you have the knowledge you need to protect yourself and your little one, and that you're being so good about tracking any possible symptoms. I know this goes without saying, but please don't hesitate to get checked out if anything seems off. Hope you are able to get some relief, and some rest.

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Sat Feb 23, 2008 05:00 pm

Just went over to the hyperemesis site and posted. Thank you for that valuable link!

kmomto8

Postby kmomto8 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 01:42 pm

Most women with HG (me included) find that a combination of meds works the best. When I am doing poorly I'm taking Zofran, Phenergan, Unisom and Nexium (and that is a pretty typical regimen). It can't hurt to add the Unisom. The only caveat is if you are taking a similar antihistamine for the nausea like Benadryl it needs to be either/or not both.
Have you ever been to http://www.hyperemesis.org? There are quite a few cross-posters between the Pre-e forum and HG forum due to the higher incidence of Pre-e in women with HG.

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:47 am

quote:Originally posted by joy124

So sorry that you aren't feeling well. Please remember that nausea can be a sign that pre-e is progressing, as can a feeling of unwell. If you doubt that it is hyperemesis please let your OB know what is going on so that you can be checked out. Take care - I hope that it gets better.

That has crossed my mind. I take my pressures at home every day, and they are still running 130s over 60s/70s. I also check my wrists and face daily and see no swelling so far. No headaches or visual disturbances...it is so hard to tell because the nasuea has been with me since day one. I go back on Tuesday for my next weekly checkup and glucose test and I will mention that my nausea has "flared up" a bit and see what they say. So far my peri has said I am doing fantastic despite my poor weight gain and hyperemesis.

But I am watching my nasuea very carefully and am on the lookout for any other symptoms.

I also mentioned to my peri that I have spoken to some women who were on unisom, but my peri didn't really think that would help me as I am on the "top" meds right now. I may mention it again, maybe I can take it at night so I won't be groggy during the day.

kim

Postby kim » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:15 am

Hi Amy,

Have you tried Unisom? I had hyperemesis during my entire pregnancy and took Zofran and Unisom. It's one of the safest pregnancy drugs.

Take care,

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:15 am

So sorry that you aren't feeling well. Please remember that nausea can be a sign that pre-e is progressing, as can a feeling of unwell. If you doubt that it is hyperemesis please let your OB know what is going on so that you can be checked out. Take care - I hope that it gets better.

celticepona

Nausa back with vengance

Postby celticepona » Sat Feb 23, 2008 09:35 am

The past few days have been nasty. My nausea is pretty intense. Last week I was in bed all day with what I thought had to be a stomach bug because it was so bad and I couldn't keep anything down. Now that feeling is coming back, so it must be the hyperemesis. Can't beleive I'm 29 weeks today and still having problems with nausea and feeling like garbage. I'm still taking all my meds, and all they do is take the edge off, it is worse if I miss a dose but I still feel yucky. I'm just so tired. I couldn't get comfortable last night and had nasuea into late last night. Its hard to communicate that to others who have never felt this because they just can't comprehend feeling like this every day for months. Plus I am just getting nervous because I am slowly getting close to the time of when I got PE last time, and I just want to get this glucose test over with to make sure things ar ok, and if not to get myself on track with treatment. I'm just praying to get through this pregnancy safely and to get Izzy out of my belly and safe in my arms.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”