Oh no!! Hospial Bedrest!!! ....... update!!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
celticepona

Re : Oh no!! Hospial Bedrest!!! ....... update!!

Postby celticepona » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:09 am

Wow! Sounds like hospital bedrest workeed wonders! Just keep hanging in there. I know bedrest can be a nightmare at times.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:18 am

I'm glad you are back home and that your labs and BP have gotten better!! Keep resting, though.

I have an Omron BP monitor that was about $80 at the pharmacy. It's worked very well for me. That's great that you have your DH there to take care of you!!

Keep us posted!!!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:49 am

I hope that you can find something to occupy your time at home!! I am glad that your dh is a nurse and can keep an eye on you. Take care.

4mybabies

Postby 4mybabies » Wed Feb 27, 2008 09:56 am

I have an automatic monitor, battery powered with a memory function. I took it in to my docs to make sure that it is accurate, at least to what they get in the office. It was accurate. I have had several models, the most inaccurate being the wrist monitor. It was much easier to put on; however, usless with results that were WAY off. I think my current monitor was $30-$40 at Walgreens, I am not sure how much the regular medical systems are. I would vote for an auto model, that way you can take your pressures when or if your husband is not around. The monitors that did not work, I took them back to Walgreens without a problem. Best of luck to you, glad to see that you are home.

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Wed Feb 27, 2008 09:20 am

Lisa, I am happy for you that you are home on bedrest...but I am really worried about you. Please, please, please, if you have any episode of liver pain, get yourself to the hospital. I know I won't be the only one here worrying and praying for you until you safely deliver!!!

shellbell

Postby shellbell » Wed Feb 27, 2008 00:11 am

Lisa, I'm so sorry to read your post,My heart goes out to you and your family ,You are in my thoughts I wish you strength and positive thoughts and I prey all goes well for you.please keep us posted when you are able to.. we are here for you.......
God bless stay strong and don't let this pull you down to much.

pld0804

Postby pld0804 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 08:52 pm

Lisa, I'm sorry you're developing preeclampsia, but I'm glad to hear you're getting the care you need. Hopefully they'll be able to bring your bp down and your little one can stay longer!

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Fri Feb 15, 2008 08:33 am

Sending you prayers, and hang in there! Bedrest is a nightmare, but you are in the best place possible now.

josiah1112

Postby josiah1112 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:40 am

Good luck.Sending anti worsening pre e your way!!!!!

jana m

Postby jana m » Thu Feb 14, 2008 08:19 am

Oh my goodness, Lisa, I am just reading this. I will keep hoping and praying that you can keep your little one cooking for several more weeks. Hospital bedrest is tough, but it's great peace of mind.

You can do it! Stay strong. We are all thinking of you.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”