My boys are sick - again

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
mama2twins

Re : My boys are sick - again

Postby mama2twins » Sun Oct 18, 637998 2:38 pm

Suzanne,
I feel your pain! My girlies started school in early Sept and have been sick NON-STOP since Sept 4th with maybe 6 days total of no one sick. I actually took them out of school this week and they will not return until Jan for exactly that reason. I have gotten sick like 4 times from them and being a preemie mom, I am not ready to have a newborn in the house with sick kids. I also started them on Juice Plus Gummies daily and these gummy bear supplements with Vit C, Echinacea, and Zinc that I give at first sign of a cold. I *think* they are helping a bit or it could just be coincidence that their immune system is just getting stronger. I hope everyone is well in the coming 2 weeks!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sat Oct 17, 637998 10:36 pm

The little guy should have a good boost from your immunity when he arrives, so just keep the sanitizer around and slather them down (and the mil, too)! Nicolas went a year(!) before he even had a minor cold, but poor Ella's had more than I can count to date - the perils of having older siblings, I suppose!

heather100

Postby heather100 » Sat Oct 17, 637998 10:57 am

Oh, that stinks! I'm sorry!! But maybe if they catch all possible colds now, they will be healthy when the baby does come!!!

I hope they feel better soon!

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Sat Oct 17, 637998 8:16 am

DD brought something home about 2 weeks ago, and DH and I both got it, worse than she had it. I even have an ear infection, something she's never had, and DH has a serious hacking cough. I completely sympathize with you not wanting to bring the baby home to house full of germs. Stock up on the purell, and get some of that fun kid soap to encourage the boys to wash their hands frequently!
Hey, you're on the home stretch for that new little boy! WOW! Let us know how you're doing!

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Sat Oct 17, 637998 7:43 am

Aww, Suzanne, I'm sorry the boys are sick. We've all got the crud at my house too. I hope they get better quick so you don't have to worry about the baby catching it.

suz7171

My boys are sick - again

Postby suz7171 » Sat Oct 17, 637998 5:08 am

Since October 31, one of my boys has been sick with cold symptoms. (We did have a few days mid-November where both boys were well.) Now Jonathan has started something new....the last one was lots of violent coughing and now it nasal. I'm sure my MIL brought the latest one into our house, but I didn't have a choice since I go to the doctor's office ever few days. I just dont want sick kids when the baby comes!

Calgon, take me away!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”