Check in!!!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
klynnkopaczrn

Re : Check in!!!

Postby klynnkopaczrn » Wed Apr 18, 638001 7:53 pm

Name: Kerri

Gestation: 21 weeks
Brags: (good things about the pregnancy so far): I'm Alive, enough said!
Drags: (things you wish could be a bit better): I'm not complaining, but I'll start with the PICC line, M/S etc. Is finally subsiding. I'm getting a bit tired and sore of the lovenox injections twice daily, but things could be much worse I suppose.
How are your BP's? They are very good, low actually usually 98/60 to 118/78 (my highest), no trace of protein in my urine or other symptoms of preeclampsia yet, however terrible headaches, but that comes with my territory.
Have you started your nursery? Uhm, no. Baby #2 who just turned one year is waiting for his room to be completed, as we are totally remodeling the house at this point for our newest edition.

Any other info you want to share? Frustrated about many things, but happy to be alive and doing much better physically. No repeat C-section date at this time, which makes it difficult to plan, but neither of my other two followed the rules so why would this be different? Still frustrated not knowing the exact date that an end will be in site! Difficult to take care of two toddlers, but I'm sure adding another to the mix will make it much more fun! Hoping that I make it to at least 36 weeks, but know from experience that 30 weeks, is a good place to be at too.

kshill3r

Postby kshill3r » Sun Apr 08, 638001 9:52 am

Name: Kate

Gestation: 20 weeks 4 days

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): 10 lb weight gain.

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): B/Ps, more help from husband, less stress

How are your BP's?: WIsh they were better. Averaging 120/80 on 200 mg twice daily Labetalol. That is after 10 minutes of rest. Will be MUCH higher before that.

Have you started your nursery? Not really. Made one trip to Babies R US.

Any other info you want to share I am very stressed all the time. I feel as though that is my nemesis. I occasionally get a little bit of swelling in my feet or ankles, no protein yet though!!

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Fri Sep 25, 637998 3:53 am

Name: Kathy

Gestation: 12 weeks

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): Weekly ultrasounds are awesome!! Wish I could keep them up the whole way through.

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): Don't know how I'm going to get through next week without my ultrasound fix [;)]

How are your BP's?: Labile

Have you started your nursery? Not even let myself think about it yet.

Any other info you want to share: Just really hoping and praying things stay OK.

hessburgs

Postby hessburgs » Thu Sep 24, 637998 7:37 pm

Name: Eva
Gestation: 22 weeks this Friday
Brags: Lots of kicking and rolling going on in there. Also found out it's a little lady!
Drags: BP creeping up slightly though caring for a 7 week old and getting NO sleep could be the cause.
Nursery: All set up already for baby 1 who is outgrowing her bassinett so we're going crib shopping next weekend

chubbiesmom

Postby chubbiesmom » Thu Sep 24, 637998 11:01 am

Name:Michelle

Gestation:32 weeks

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): Asthma has gotten better. Baby has started to move more.

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): Baby is still breech, get very itchy at night and can't stand noise.

How are your BP's?: Started to creep up at my last appointment, but that was also the day before Thanksgiving, so it was a very stressful day.

Have you started your nursery? No lol lol, I still have to finish my 10 mth old's nursery.

Any other info you want to share: I decided I don't want to be induced this time due to the extremely painful amnio experience I had last time.

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Wed Sep 23, 637998 9:30 am

Name: Jenn

Gestation: 7 weeks

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): I saw a heartbeat on Monday!

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): I really didn't need to know what spaghetti and egg nog look like on a return trip.

How are your BP's?: Peachy

Have you started your nursery? Are you kidding me?

Any other info you want to share: According to my peri, he's going to "be all over this like white on rice." Heh.

jknutsen

Postby jknutsen » Mon Sep 14, 637998 2:37 am

Name: Joyce

Gestation: 9 weeks today

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): minimal nausea this time...yeah!

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): I wish I could drink iced tea without worrying about getting kidney stones.

How are your BP's?: 110/60 baby...sweet!

Have you started your nursery? Uh, nursery? We just moved into a 3 bdrm condo. I think we're gonna keep the baby in our room for the first few months.

Any other info you want to share: DH is a painter so that part will be a snap! Oh, This one is due 2 days after my DS turns 4....wow!

kelly8sully

Postby kelly8sully » Wed Sep 02, 637998 10:47 am

Name: Kelly

Gestation: 28 1/2 weeks

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): Good doctor; 26-week ultrasound had baby in 9th percentile (#s I have never seen with our daughter, whose growth, even at almost three years, is off the charts on low -- she's only 25 pounds & wears 18 month size clothes); daughter is excited for "new baby brothersister." Also, did fine for like 5 weeks without BP meds.

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): Wish I didn't have that persistent cough/cold that hasn't gone away in 3 weeks; Wish I wasn't so tired & my BP would be better (don't we all?)

How are your BP's?: 135/85 -- which I thought was good, but the doctor is concerned and upped my visits to weekly instead of bi-weekly & I'm headed toward blood tests on Wednesday.

Have you started your nursery? Yep. It's green (gender unknown). It's really hard to find just elephants.

Any other info you want to share: I'm new to this website, but not preeclampsia. I feel like I am headed to bed rest soon -- maybe by Christmas. That might actually be a good thing.

mama2twins

Postby mama2twins » Tue Sep 01, 637998 6:32 am

Name:Michelle

Gestation:36 weeks and 3 days

Brags (good things about the pregnancy so far): I am still pregnant! No swelling..still wearing my wedding band!

Drags (things you wish could be a bit better): I have no complaints! I am so happy to be here that it would take something completely unbearable to get me to complain at this point!

How are your BP's?: Holding steady in the 110's/70's

Have you started your nursery? It is painted, but we will not be putting the crib together until a few weeks after Xmas because my mom will be staying with us and we have to leave the bed in that room for now.

Any other info you want to share: I am scheduled for c-section on Dec 11th. Exactly 2 weeks from tomorrow. I can't believe it. Pinching myself still does not make it feel real yet!

trish5

Postby trish5 » Tue Sep 01, 637998 4:35 am

Name: Trish
Gestation: 35 weeks on Friday
Brags The baby moves all the time and my husband has really turned into a great dad! He's trying so hard with the other 4 & taking care of me and the house. It's been a blessing.

Drags: My blood pressure and protein, on strict bedrest now and get headache's when I get up. Not much longer though!

How are your BP's?: everyplace

Have you started your nursery? We're ready..just need the baby!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”