My rambling introduction

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
onesock

Re : My rambling introduction

Postby onesock » Mon Aug 06, 2007 05:17 pm

Wow, Denise! Although I did not have HELLP, our pregnancies and gestations were quite alike! Thanks for the welcome:)

denise

Postby denise » Mon Aug 06, 2007 05:06 pm

Wanted to add my welcome as well. Best of luck with whatever happens.

onesock

Postby onesock » Mon Aug 06, 2007 04:35 pm

Thanks...I feel with support of women who REALLY know what I am going through, I may have a delightful experience (that is my hope!!) :)

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Mon Aug 06, 2007 04:27 pm

Welcome - glad that you found us. Many women here feel that they have suffered from post tramatic stress after going through pre-e. You have every right to feel the way you do, you went through a lot with your pregnancies. Good luck to you as you find out whether you are expecting again, we will be here for you to support in your next pregnancy, so you will have lots of women who will know what you are going through.

onesock

Postby onesock » Mon Aug 06, 2007 04:18 pm

Thank You so much:) I feel better already!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Mon Aug 06, 2007 04:16 pm

Hi, Wendy! I'm glad you decided to join us here! It is a wonderful place to come to when going through another pregnancy. We can all relate to a scary pregnancy and/or delivery and to the fear and excitement of expecting again! I hope we get to know you more, and that you get that positive!

onesock

My rambling introduction

Postby onesock » Mon Aug 06, 2007 04:02 pm

I am brand new here...well officially, as I have looked and read posts as a guest for a very long time. I can totally relate to all of you and your fear, as my husband and I are quite possibly expecting. I was diagnosed with PE/PIH (my OB was not sure which, because I never had ANY protein and my labs were always normal...I just had HBP) at 23 weeks with my first son and spent 11, yes 11 agonizing weeks in the hospital on bedrest, before being transferred to another hospital via ambulance to be induced after an immature result on a fetal lung maturity amnio. I was on mag (awful) and pitocin and for 26 hours, dilated to a 4, when my BP was 240/120, I received an ART line and an emergency c-section AND a gorgeous 3lb 13oz baby boy! When I went to my follow-up appointment, my original OB, not the peri that delivered me, told me that he did not think that it was PE, because as high as my BP was, all of my labs, liver function, platelets, etc..were normal before, after and at the time of delivery. With my second son, I had high BP from the very beginning...I think a lot of my HBP readings now are pure anxiety from having to have it taken so much with my first son. (I know it sounds silly, because it was 8 yrs ago, but I sometimes think that I have some sort of post traumatic stress disorder, as my OB's stipulation was that if my BP was lower, I could go home, which of course only made it higher) My second pregnancy I had high readings throughout, but always normal labs and after a amnio for lung maturity, delivered another beautiful boy at 37 weeks...5lbs and perfect. It was after my c-section with my 2nd son that my BP went sky high 190's/100's. I now take Toprol XL for BP, because although my readings are normal at home, I step foot into any environment where someone is going to take my BP and it goes through the roof! I also suffer from a lot of anxiety, I think all stemming from my experiences, which worries me even more, because the medication I take for panic attacks/anxiety, clonazepam, I don't believe is safe to take during pregnancy. So we will be finding out here in the next week or so if God has blessed us with another bundle of joy! Whew! That was certainly NOT as short as I had intended, but it feels really good to be able to say all of this and know that there are others that will truly understand. Thank You sooooo much for reading!:)
Wendy

Return to “Pregnant Again?”