Morning sickness!!!!!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
leannec

Re : Morning sickness!!!!!

Postby leannec » Thu Nov 09, 2006 02:15 pm

I have been there! So sick that you can't function. Ginger tea helped a bit. Believe it or not so did lemonade (not the kind packed with sugar), try sniffing lemons also!!

amym

Postby amym » Tue Nov 07, 2006 04:07 pm

The only thing I found helpful is eating, which sounds odd. But I noticed the emptier my stomach got, the worse the nausea got. And I also gave myself a little leeway in my diet -- i.e., I didn't punish myself for eating ice cream instead of a banana, or pudding instead of yogurt. Sometimes you just have to eat.

Good luck. I've been there -- and finally three weeks ago left that place!

kathyc

Postby kathyc » Mon Nov 06, 2006 08:56 pm

I'm right there with you. Only this time it's more like evening sickness. I wake up fine and then about an hour or so after lunch...bam! Weird. At least I get off work at 3:00 and can come home and lie down. No real advice here other than to second the "eat what you feel like eating" thing, and to add that eating small amounts more often seems to help me. Hang in there!

siobhanisabel

Postby siobhanisabel » Mon Nov 06, 2006 05:40 pm

i have never got it morning sickness with any og my pg's with this i am just really tried

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Nov 06, 2006 03:42 pm

Reglan made mine worse. The midwife from my dr's office (he was at a conference when I had my appt) got 40 pills of Zofran approved through my insurance company for SIX months. Shortly after that my insurance company started covering bcp generic for free, lol. Zofran didn't take my nausea away but it sure did stop me from puking so much.

Also, no matter how sick I was, I could drink milkshakes or eat icecream. I LIVED on icecream the entire time.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Mon Nov 06, 2006 03:36 pm

I've heard too that the lollipops they sell at motherhood maternity help I can't remember what they are called but they are lollipops you can take when pregnant to help with the morning sickness.
Good luck!!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Mon Nov 06, 2006 03:18 pm

Stacy, I totally feel for you. With DS, I was only mildly sick for about 10 weeks. This time, I have been a wreck. I'm almost 18 weeks, and - dare I say it - I think it's finally subsided! I didn't try Zofran, but I did try reglan which really only helped me sleep through the night. Nothing I could eat, drink, or do helped, either. My best advice is to eat whatever you feel like. We had many pancake nights in the beginning [:)]! I hope it doesn't last too long! BTW there is also a prenatal called Premesis which (because of the extra B6) is supposed to help with the hyperemesis. I'm on it...you may want to talk to your OB about it!

laura

Postby laura » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:25 am

I'm loving my Zofran as well! This will be my first pregnancy without being so sick I can't function. I don't know what to do with myself.
Hope you're feeling better soon! There's a support site for hyperemesis: http://www.hyperemesis.org
They're very nice there.

darcynulph

Postby darcynulph » Mon Nov 06, 2006 09:17 am

Call your doc and get zofran, but here is the warning you will have a terrible headache. I had to take a half of a zicodine with it. IT IS A MIRACLE DRUG!!!!!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Nov 06, 2006 07:18 am

Zofran was the only thing that helped me.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”