Nervous about being pregnant again

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
rachelc

Re : Nervous about being pregnant again

Postby rachelc » Sat Oct 08, 637678 12:55 am

Thanks for all of your advice. I have already had two episodes of high bp (167/95 & 179/108). However, because my bp returns to normal at rest, my Dr. has recommended no bp meds at this time. Instead, I am cutting out every activity that is not necessary. This has helped so far. I have been tested for many things to try and determine why this happens to me. So far, we have had no success figuring it out. However, this Dr. has recommended some more testing. It is very frustrating to not understand why this happens and to feel like I have no control over my own body. I glad to know that I am not the only one that is going through this.

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Fri Aug 12, 637678 9:38 am

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I am going to second the advice given. Get tested for anything underlying and what I feel is most important, get an ob/peri that you trust completely. Knowing that your in the hands of someone who is on your side and you trust makes such a difference in your mental health during a pregnancy after dealing with pe. I called my doc ALL the time this last pregnancy. It was nice knowing that I was being listened to and undersood. Best of luck to you this time around and stay close!

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Thu Aug 11, 637678 11:04 pm

Rachel,

Congrats on your pregnancy! I agree with Joy in finding a peri and go over how they will manage your pregnancy this time. I'd also talk with your ob and see what their plan is too. Good Luck! I hope your appt goes well. Keep us posted and I hope you have a long and boring pregnancy!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu Aug 11, 637678 8:26 pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy. My biggest piece of advice is to get a high risk OB (peri) that you really trust. Have you been tested for underlying disorders that can contribute to pre-e (lupus, blood clotting disorders, autoimmune diseases, etc), if not, you should have this done as well. I would want to know what your Peri plans to do for you since you are obviously high risk. More regular appointments, more ultrasounds, will he/she consider bp meds if your bp goes up (I got put on them at 16ish weeks for a slight increase in bp?). Go armed with good questions - write them down, we tend to forget! Good luck to you, let us know how you are doing.

Joy

rachelc

Nervous about being pregnant again

Postby rachelc » Thu Aug 11, 637678 8:06 am

This is my first time posting. I am about 6 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I had severe PE with my first (born @ 33 weeks via c-section) and mild PE with my 2nd (born @ 36 weeks via c-section) but had PIH with 2nd from about 17 weeks. We are really excited but also a little nervous about what is to come. I have my first OB appt. on Monday. I am anxious to discuss my history with him and see what he thinks my chances are of having PE again and what things we can do to actively manage this pregnancy. Any advice or encouragement from those that have been through PE multiple times would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”