today's apt --probable loss

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
akemt
Registered User
Posts: 4961
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 07:35 pm

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby akemt » Tue Oct 10, 2006 08:33 pm

To answer the likelyhood of it just being too early: The sac measures 6 weeks and a few days and we are at least that far along by dates, probably closer to 8 weeks. Either way, at 6wks+ there should be a fetal pole (clump of baby's tissues) visible...or even a heartbeat. It is possible it is just early (thus the tests and waiting), but it isn't very likely. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

lany
Registered User
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 02:03 pm

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby lany » Tue Oct 10, 2006 08:29 pm

Catherine, I don't have any experience with a D&C. I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm praying for you and your family. Hopefully the labs will come back with good results. Sending {{{HUGS}}}

missgamecock
Registered User
Posts: 6064
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 06:34 pm

Re : today's apt --probable loss

Postby missgamecock » Tue Oct 10, 2006 08:14 pm

I'm so sorry Catherine. I don't know anything about waiting it out. But I have had an emergency d&c before. If you want to know details of the procedure. Just let me know. Keeping you in my prayers and hoping it turns out ok. You were not sure when you conceived were you. Coule it just be too early?

akemt
Registered User
Posts: 4961
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 07:35 pm

today's apt --probable loss

Postby akemt » Tue Oct 10, 2006 08:00 pm

Well, the doctor thinks I've got a "blighted ovum" since we couldn't see a fetal pole on ultrasound. She ordered two HCG's (should get final results Friday) and said if they weren't conclusive, she'd do another U/S in a week or so.

As this wasn't a planned pregnancy and we didn't have much time to get excited, the loss doesn't seem quite as real --though it is disappointing. We were getting used to the idea and starting to plan, etc. I think dh is more upset than I am, though it is hard to tell when a man never cries...

So, should it be confirmed as a blighted ovum, do you have any thoughts or experiences to share on D&C's vs. waiting out a m/c?

Thanks for all the well-wishes. Should things go as they appear, I'll save them all for next year!


Return to “Pregnant Again?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests