morning sickness

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
heatedheart

Re : morning sickness

Postby heatedheart » Sat Aug 26, 2006 08:34 pm

Thanks for all the support [:D]

lucy21

Postby lucy21 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:20 pm

The only thing that helped me was dry toast or cut up apples !!
Good luck... there is nothing (except PE) worse ! I hope it subsides soon.
Love Lucy

heatedheart

Postby heatedheart » Fri Aug 25, 2006 09:14 pm

I think the BBQ chips helped. Got some dicletin from my doc., and I think that helped a bit, but I still vomit the odd time. Not sure if I'm nearing the end of my m/s or if the pills are making it feel as though I am...either way, I guess I should be happy that I feel somewhat normal (at times). I've found the second time around that it seems to be a lot harder on me physically.

sbartolini

Postby sbartolini » Thu Aug 24, 2006 09:39 pm

I think the key is to keep a little food in your belly at all times. When your blood sugar drops, your morning sickness will be much worse. I would keep peanut butter crackers or goldfish by my bedside and before I even got out of bed in the morning, I would eat some crackers and wait. Once up, I would have my breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks in between throughout the day. You gotta keep eating. I was sick for 4 months with a little toddler in the house. I know exactly what you are going through. Just keep food in your belly as much as you can.

Good luck to you. I hope you feel better soon.

Susan

ladyteancum

Postby ladyteancum » Thu Aug 24, 2006 07:50 pm

THanks for all the tips. It's hard right now, because my son gets scared when I get sick. I think that that is the hardest thing for me.

nborrayo

Postby nborrayo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 04:33 pm

Okay, this will sound crazy, but except for medicine, regular old BBQ potato chips have worked wonders for me and a few others I know - only don't eat too too many[:D]
Seriously, try it!

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:39 pm

Ugh...I was sick with MS for my entire pregnancy and I remember it all so well. Unfortunatley I found nothing that helped me...except that I tried to keep water in my stomach at all times to make it easier to throw up...I could feel it coming and would drink water down to make the episode as "comfortable' as possible. Some things I tried...preggie pops, which I found online, came in bizzare flavors including lavender flavor...which made me hurl immediately, saltines (gag!) fishy crackers, oatmeal, sea bands ( could never tell if I was wearing them correctly)The best thing I found was that if I listened to my body and ate on demand it seemed to help a little. I was completing my bachelor's degree during my first trimester and would sit down in class with a three course meal...needless to say I got bizzare looks. I wish there was a magic cure for morning sickness...if anyone finds it please let me know!

heatedheart

Postby heatedheart » Sun Aug 20, 2006 09:13 pm

I am in the midst of m/s h*ll!!!!!!! Horrible!!!!!! AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH....

Thankfully this will be my last pregnancy. I feel as though I've been experiencing the nausea and vomiting forever...
Going into my 10th week this week so hoping that it will not last much longer... [V]

I forgot how bad it can be...I know it will definitely be worth it in the end, but it is just soooo overwhelming, emotionally and physically. Trying to stay positive, but it is hard at the moment.

I hope anyone who is feeling like I am gets over it quickly.

heather h

Postby heather h » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:36 am

I didnt have morning sickness at all with either of my sons pregnancys.. but I wanted to wish you the best of luck and hope that symptom part of the pregnancy ends soon for you. Hang in there.. I hope you can get a medication or something to help with it. I couldnt even imagine morning sickness.. [xx(]

HUGS,

mom2bhh

Postby mom2bhh » Tue Aug 15, 2006 02:33 pm

Try herbal mint tea and low sodium ritz crackers with either cheese or peanut butter. Snacking on these all day help me. Bananas do too.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”