First trimester screening

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
meg hanrahan

Re : First trimester screening

Postby meg hanrahan » Wed May 17, 2006 09:37 am

Praying that all tests show that everything is fine.

denise

Postby denise » Wed May 17, 2006 09:15 am

I hope the tests come back okay. Keep us update, you are in my thoughts.

arj

Postby arj » Wed May 17, 2006 00:00 am

You've already been through so much. I'm sorry that you're going through this now. I hope everything comes back normal.

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Tue May 16, 2006 10:45 pm

Hoping that the blood work comes back normal and that the worrying gets left behind. Take care of you and keep us in the loop of what is going on. Thinking of you and sending my best

lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Tue May 16, 2006 10:45 pm

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. I will be thinking of you and praying for good test results.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Tue May 16, 2006 09:46 pm

Mel,

I'm so sorry to hear you're back on that danged roller-coaster. Hoping with all my heart that the blood work is all fine.
Take care.

paige_va

Postby paige_va » Tue May 16, 2006 08:03 pm

Praying for you. Let us know how things turn out.

mel h.

First trimester screening

Postby mel h. » Tue May 16, 2006 05:26 pm

We had our first trimester screening this afternoon, and now I have something new to worry about. The nuchal fold translucency (area of the neck) came back a little thicker than normal, about 3.5 mm. They like it to be about 2.5. They'll run the accompanying bloodwork and have it hopefully this week. We'll know then if it's truly an abnormal result. They use this test, combined with your age, as a way to calculate your odds of having a genetically abnormal baby. Oftentimes people with an abnormal result follow up with an amnio and everything's fine. I had an amnio with Ashley (she was chromosomally normal) and was really hoping to not have to have another one with this baby.
I was just so hoping that they would do the scan, say "everything looks great!" and send us on our merry way. Of course it couldn't be that way.
The baby is measuring bigger than GA, though, so that's good, at least.
Here we go on the roller coaster ride again. How I wish pregnancy could just be smooth sailing like it is for just about everyone else I know.
My husband said if we didn't have jobs and were hooked on meth, we'd probably have a perfect pregnancy and baby. [:D]

Return to “Pregnant Again?”