Forum Newbie, sadly not to pre-e

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lyndsey

Re : Forum Newbie, sadly not to pre-e

Postby lyndsey » Fri Apr 21, 2006 09:27 pm

I'm really glad to hear that you've made it to 36 wks! I know its all scary and even if you've given birth before, its always a little daunting to think about. I hope everything goes well with your delivery. Take care and let us know how everything went when you get a chance!

orrobbins

Postby orrobbins » Fri Apr 21, 2006 02:52 pm

Congratulations on making it to 36 wks! I know it's not the way you want to go, but at least it sounds like the baby is going to be a nice size (my DS was 5.5 lbs at 36 wks.) Good luck to you, and I truly hope that all goes well!

empathic~heart

Postby empathic~heart » Fri Apr 21, 2006 02:43 pm

Hey mamas, a delayed update from me! I just got dial up here... My OB put me directly into the hospital on the 11th, do not pass go, do not collect $200 or go home first. Ugh! My BP was 170/100 in the office, my 2nd 24 hr urine had gone up 150 mgs in one day, and two days later was over 1000 mgs. They gave me the steroid shots hoping to hold off for a few days, so I thought the baby would be here last week...thankfully I'm still pregnant and today is 36 weeks - a real victory!

I've been on hospital bed rest for 10 days now, and things have been stable for about a week of that. Labs are good (normal low), BP is definitely elevated but hoving in an acceptable range when I'm reclining in bed (this am it was 178/102 sitting on the edge of the bed - eek). The plan is to begin cervical ripening on Sunday night and induction with pit early Monday morning.

While I'm not looking forward to the process, I'm happy to have made it this far, baby is doing great (and estimated at ~6.5#) and we're all excited to meet her. :) I know the primal mother in me knows how to do this, regardless of the artificial circumstances and I will be birthing with about 300,000 other women on the same day. That brings a whole lot of connection to the greater picture and birthing the future sure sounds lovely. ;)

Thanks for your good wishes!

jwalker327

Postby jwalker327 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:38 am

Hi Amy and welcome to the forum!!!

I hope the 24hr comes back better then last time! I know 1st hand how inductions are hard...I had 2 and my last labor was natural I'd take it over both my inductions! So here are some Natural Labor vibesssssss [;)]!

denise

Postby denise » Mon Apr 10, 2006 09:09 am

Welcome Amy! I hope the 24hr comes back good, please keep us updated.

Best wishes for a few more weeks to come!

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Sun Apr 09, 2006 09:40 pm

Hello and welcome Amy! Sending good 24hr vibes your way!

lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Sun Apr 09, 2006 08:56 pm

Hi Amy! Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear that you have had a rough time. Hope that your 24hr comes back with good results and the bedrest helps out. Take it easy and please keep us updated on your situation.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Sun Apr 09, 2006 07:26 pm

Hi Amy and welcome,

I'm sorry you are having complications with this pregnancy. Let us know how the new 24hr and blood work comes back.
Please keep a careful watch for any worsening symptoms - particularly visual disturbances, upper right hand gastric pain, or a headache that refuses to go away with Tylenol.

Although most of us present with high BP first, there are more than a few women here whose only sign of full blown pe was proteinurea.

Take care.

empathic~heart

Forum Newbie, sadly not to pre-e

Postby empathic~heart » Sun Apr 09, 2006 05:12 pm

Hello mamas - I'm Amy from Portland OR, having my 2nd baby girl EDD 5-19-06.

With my first, who is now 6 yrs old, I was on preterm labor watch from 16 weeks on and eventually put on 5 wks bedrest at 32 wks, induced at 37 wks and was fine post partum (well, aside from the dreaded PPD). I had edema, elevated BP, proteinuria, and eventually elevated liver enzymes too.

I had a miscarriage at 16 weeks last year, and my bp was up EARLY,like at 10 weeks though no other issues detected.

This time around, I had a ruptured ovarian cyst at 5.5 weeks which threw us for a loop early on. I continued seeing the OB through 5 months, then transferred to a birth center with a midwife - hoping for a waterbirth! However it seems not to be, my bps have been fluctuating a lot between the clinic and home, I'm swelling, the blood draw they did the other day was awful - 5 sticks and a blown vein for 2 stinking mls of blood! That came back fine, but my 24 hr catch was positive with 608 mg so I spent 8 hrs in the hospital being monitored yesterday. Baby's doing well, BPs were fine, diastolic in the low 80s and down to 68 at one point. Blood work fine. Another 24 hr urine catch finishing up now.

I'm home on "modified rest" which means I'm not supposed to do much but not confined to bed - which of course I'm hoping to avoid altogether. I'm 34w 2d and *really* want to avoid an induction this time around - the last one was horribly difficult, posterior babe, grade II tear and 28 hrs total. Ugh!

Glad to find this forum, lots of excellent information to be had![8D]

Return to “Pregnant Again?”