Got a call from Cassie~

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jenandtheboys

Re : Got a call from Cassie~

Postby jenandtheboys » Mon Mar 06, 2006 01:38 pm

Thinking of you, Cassie, and sending you another e mail. We will all be praying for you and the precious girls.

cara

Postby cara » Mon Mar 06, 2006 01:35 pm

Oh wow. I will definitely keep you in my prayers, Cass.

shelbys mom

Postby shelbys mom » Mon Mar 06, 2006 01:00 pm

Sending you my love and prayers Cassie

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:58 am

My heart is breaking! I too will be sending Cassie an email.

meg

Postby meg » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:57 am

Oh my :( thanks for the update. I will send prayers their way, please keep us updated!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:55 am

Sending her an email. Talk with ya after work. Cassie praying that your babies are ok!

lorelei

Got a call from Cassie~

Postby lorelei » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:52 am

She is going to update more when she gets home but I did take some notes while she talked so here's what I got out of it.

First thing she said was did I want the good news or the bad news. I opted for the bad.. I'll give you the good news first. Cervix is long and closed. Yep, that's about all the good news.

BP was 140/79 and she showed a trace protein.

Baby A weighed 11.7oz and Baby B weighed 16.5oz. BIG difference in the weight between the girls. Baby A is about 2 weeks behind in growth. Both babies have normal fluid around them. The dr is thinking that it is possibly some kind of chromosome abnormaliy or heart defect w/baby A. (if you remember, this was the baby that they suspected something wrong w/at her 10 week (i think) ultrasound). She did have a quad screening done that came back ok but the dr said that a heart defect wouldn't necessarily show up on the quad screen. They are 96% sure that the girls are identical. If they are identical then there is a high chance that something could be wrong w/both, or the issue that baby A is having could affect baby B.

They have recommended that Cassie have a double amnio that will check the fluid around both of the babies to see what is going on. She is to dicuss it w/Charlie and they will have to come to a decision. Complications are higher in twin pregnancies w/amnio so she is very frightened. It could possibly be the start of twin to twin transfusion but as of now the fluid around both of the babies is fine.

The dr wants to stay on top of things, bc they said that if something is wrong w/Baby A measures can be taken to ensure that Baby B stays ok.

As you can imagine she is very upset by this news. She will post later when she gets home. As of now she is leaning towards having the amnio so they will know for sure if there is a problem and if so how severe, etc it is.

Please keep them in your prayers.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”