Anyone else with headaches all the time??

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
miranda childers

Re : Anyone else with headaches all the time??

Postby miranda childers » Wed Aug 28, 637652 5:20 am

YES! I've had a non-stop headache for about 4 days now. I finally called my clinic after-hours line last night and spoke with a doctor. She said to keep taking the tylenol. Mine isn't so bad that I can't function - but it just drains you. And more than that for me it's not the pain - it's the fear of "what if". It's so scary doing this again.

lovemyboys

Postby lovemyboys » Tue Aug 27, 637652 3:05 pm

I too, have been getting headaches. I have had them pretty much all along, different from a BP headache, KWIM? My doctor said pretty much same as yours, take some tylenol, but she also prescribed compazine (a sister to phenergen) to take with the tylenol. And, it doesn't make me sleepy and has seemed to help with the treatment of the headaches...

sydnee

Postby sydnee » Mon Aug 26, 637652 5:13 pm

You might also want to look at how much you are drinking. I know that if I don't drink enough I will get a horrible headache. And those will not go away with meds (at least for me).

You may be dehydrated.
Sydnee

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Sat Aug 17, 637652 4:08 pm

I had such a headache the other day and took some tylenol, which didn't help so I called and was told to take some more tylenol and whala! No more headache. I did buy the monitor and my bp was alright so the headache must have been from something else.

Hope your head starts to feel better soon. I think I would keep bugging the ob until I was a little more reassured but that is just me (I bug them for everything)

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Fri Aug 16, 637652 3:18 am

They suck. Lucky me, if I get one that lasts long enough I end up throwing up w/them...blah...

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Fri Aug 16, 637652 3:13 am

Well at my appt last Thursday I did bring it up and she just told me to take tylonel. I hate headaches.

denise

Postby denise » Fri Aug 16, 637652 1:31 am

Cassie, I'm with Jen & Lori...call to check in with the doc. Hopefully it's just a pg thing for you, but we want to be sure. Keep us posted!

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Fri Aug 16, 637652 1:26 am

I agree w/Jen. I'd at least call them and let them know about them. More than likely since you had them w/Stephen and Kaitlyn it's just something you are going to be prone too, but you never want to just pass one off as that..kwim?

Hope they get better!

jenandtheboys

Postby jenandtheboys » Fri Aug 16, 637652 12:34 am

Hey, girl. Sorry about the headaches, and also that I didn't respond yet to your e mail asking about monitors...........mine is dead or I would surely give it to you. It stopped working right even while I was still pg with Ethan! [:0]

If you say you had headaches in the other pregnancies too, then at least this is nothing new to be concerned about, yet it still concerns me. Have you talked to the doc? Seems like maybe you should, and get a baseline of instructions, something like: if the headache is constant for X amount of time, if X amount of tylenol doesn't help, etc, then you should do___________. Does that make sense?

Again, sorry you've got this to worry about on top of everything else. Hope it feels much better soon. TAke care of yourself, ok? You've got every right to be calling and pestering those doctors and nurses to death, so don't hesitate whenever you feel a need or a concern. (((((hugs)))))

cassie05

Anyone else with headaches all the time??

Postby cassie05 » Thu Aug 15, 637652 11:05 pm

First off, no I dont know what my bp is, Ive been too cheap to buy a moniter (ok slap my hand now). I know that it has been trending like it did with Stephen. My last 24 hour urine was several weeks ago and was 154. Im now 18 weeks 3 days. I have been getting headaches that are pretty constant lately. They even wake me up during the night and tylonel isnt working completely, it will take off some of the pain but then it comes right back, the headaches are all on the left side of my head. I had headaches with both the other pregnancies and even had an MRI done while pregnant with Kaitlyn. I just want the headaches to go away.....anyone else suffering with me right now???

Return to “Pregnant Again?”