suggestions?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
miranda childers

Re : suggestions?

Postby miranda childers » Mon Feb 14, 637650 2:47 pm

OK - so far you've told me exactly what I needed / wanted to hear. Thanks so much!!

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Mon Feb 14, 637650 12:12 pm

Congratulations on a girl!!! As for if your doc is being pro-active enough...sounds like it. Your plan is very similar to the plan that I am going to be on (I am about 6 weeks) So I agree with Julie and think yeah, things sound about right

julie f

Postby julie f » Mon Feb 14, 637650 9:12 am

Miranda,

Congratulations on your little girl!

I can certainly appreciate your fear and anxiety during this time of your pregnancy. It's almost like we spend all of our time waiting for the other shoe to drop.

My non-professional opinion is that it sounds like your doctor is on top of things! I don't think I got once a week visits until I was about 30 weeks. I think I may have had 3 ultrasounds after that. One thing that I did have that I'm sure your doctor will do too are weekly NSTs (starting at 30 weeks). I can't remember when exactly but we switched them to twice weekly, I think maybe at 32 or 33 weeks. Baby was still doing great but my nerves were shot and my OB thought it might help.

Hang in there, I know how tough it is. Come here anytime you need to - it might be the only thing that kept me sane...

miranda childers

suggestions?

Postby miranda childers » Mon Feb 14, 637650 6:18 am

Hello everyone! I've been reading this for about 11 weeks now and am so glad that this forum exists! I too am 15 weeks pregnant and due July 20th (we're having a girl!) My husband and I are extremely excited - but as I start nearing the 2nd half of my pregnancy I find myself getting extremely scared, worried...etc.

Currently I'm seeing a new OBGYN and a Peri. I am taking a prenatal vitamin and baby aspirin (81mg) each day. So far my bp is great and I've been told everything looks good.

My doc's plan is to keep things as they are and continue my monthly visits until I'm about 26 weeks - at which point I'll visit at least 1/week. She'll do an ultra-sound weekly to make sure our daughter is doing ok. She's planning to do a c-section at about 38 weeks.

My questions is - are there specific tests I should be requesting? Does it sound like my Dr. is taking enough of a proactive approach to hopefully keep me and our daughter (Carin Rocella)healthy?

I just thought I'd seek out your advice since many of you have been there or are there right now. I appreciate your input.

Thanks so much!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”