Fainting problems here.. any advice?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
darcynulph

Re : Fainting problems here.. any advice?

Postby darcynulph » Mon Mar 21, 637368 7:45 am

Jennifer-

I had blackouts while I was pregnant as well, they started about 2 weeks before I started showing signs of PE. Not that I think that is what is going on with you, but I would suggest seeing your ob as soon as you can. Maybe you are getting up or moving too fast and your blood pressure is fluctuating. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

jjohnston

Fainting problems here.. any advice?

Postby jjohnston » Mon Mar 21, 637368 5:29 am

I guess every pregnancy is different.. this is number 5 for me and i've never experienced anything like this. No nausea (yet) but I am SO light-headed and catch myself beginning to faint. Without any warning, black closes in fast and i have just enough time to crouch down or lie down before I fall. I never go out completly.. i can hear my son saying, "mommy what's wrong" but I can't see anything.. eventually i come around, get a snack/drink and feel better. What scares me is that i'm at home alone a lot with my 2 1/2 year old and this is happening with more frequency lately. (It happened this morning while I was bathing him.) I'm afraid to go out anywhere with Seth, (can't exactly lie down in Wal-mart), but someone has to go shopping, etc. I know I need to be eating frequent small meals and staying hydrated.. I will work harder on those.. anybody know any other tricks, supplements, foods, anything at all that might help reduce or eliminate these spells? Right now i'm taking prenatal vitamins, one low-dose aspirin with calcium a day, zithromiacin and sublingual B-12.
Thanks!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”