Anyone due in January/February 2017?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
Tammy0173

Re: Anyone due in January/February 2017?

Postby Tammy0173 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 01:15 am

I'm doing better after my appt. I'm doing another 24 hour urine test starting tomorrow. Had a bpp ultrasound and a growth scan and baby is doing fine. At my appt my bp was lower, of course lol 146/82. But I've been put on a "rest as much as you possibly can with a 1.5 year old". Doing very small things makes it spike up but nothing like last night. I'm finding it hard to breath when it does spike. My chest feels achey and I can't seem to quite catch my breath. So maybe I'm also just having some anxiety considering I'm at the point in my pregnancy where things went sour with my first baby. I actually just took it a few minutes ago and it was 144/88. She bumped my appt up to Monday which is right at 37 weeks so we will reassess. Only thing is I have my cardiologist appt on Monday as well so I'm not sure which one I should push back...

dracarey

Postby dracarey » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Thought about you a lot today, Tammy. Wondering how you're doing?

Anne Marie

Tammy0173

Postby Tammy0173 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 09:26 pm

I'm 36 weeks according to her and 35 weeks according to the hospital's dating scan. My hospital is about 30 minutes from me. I just retested and it's 138/98 so I'm feeling a little bit better to be below the 100 but I just feel it in my bones this is it. And I'm nervous she's going tk do the same crap she did with my first where it took my vision going psychedelic and my pressures hitting 180/110 before inducing me and I just can't play that game again. I felt I was playing Russian roulette last pregnancy

dracarey

Postby dracarey » Tue Jan 17, 2017 09:10 pm

Oh Tammy, I'm so sorry. I know what it's like to be completely dismissed by a doctor in a situation like this. Are you near a hospital where you could pop into labour and delivery? You will be worrying about your blood pressure tonight, and that will only serve to make it elevate more, or stay up. I know the thought of going into the hospital is absolutely exhausting, but you will be way more likely to find someone to take you seriously, rather than a doctor who is done with her day and wants to put you off. They could get some blood work and test your urine as well which would be reassuring, and make sure that your baby is still happy. You're getting so close to the end now. Are you around 36/37 weeks? I think you said late December you were around 34 weeks. You've done so well and you deserve to have peace of mind and good care.

~Anne Marie

Tammy0173

Postby Tammy0173 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 08:48 pm

I'm so frustrated I could cry. Given my history my doctor isn't taking me seriously. She said to call if it got to 150/100 and I just took my pressure after resting allllll day today because last night was high and it was 148/106. I call and she said to just take it easy today and then come see her tomorrow. I want to cry. I feel I've been put on the back burner because they close in an hour and she's ready to go home

dracarey

Postby dracarey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:39 pm

Smartie, how did everything go? I am hoping you had a good section, no pre-e, and are "relaxing" at home with a healthy new baby. :)

~Anne Marie

laney_p
Forum Moderator

Postby laney_p » Tue Jan 03, 2017 02:11 pm

I'm so happy for all of you!! It seriously gives other patients such hope. :) Can't wait to see pictures of those new babies! Keep us updated as the countdown continues.
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

dracarey

Postby dracarey » Tue Jan 03, 2017 00:28 am

Yay guys! That's great news for both of you. I've got 38 days to go, not that I'm counting. Smartie, I can't wait to hear about the new baby and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

smartie

Postby smartie » Tue Jan 03, 2017 00:21 am

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well and managed to have a nice holiday season. I hit 37 weeks yesterday and am thrilled to bits. My BP has been increasing the last couple weeks but no protein in urine or anything in my bloodwork. I'm having a scheduled C section based on my docs advice next week. I'm looking forward to meeting our new baby and am quietly confident that PE won't flare up this last week.

Tammy0173

Postby Tammy0173 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 06:34 pm

Doing good here, too! I'll be 34 weeks on Sunday. My blood pressure is creeping up but slowly. It isn't pre e though, just pih for now. I do weekly bpp ultrasounds until we deliver. I'm nervous my blood pressure cuff isn't accurate so I'm going to take it to compare at my dr appt. Yesterday at the appt it was 143/88. Makes me a little nervous how it's creeping up considering my normal is low 100/low 60s. She's thinking we will have to induce at 37 weeks, preferably 39, unless things go south. But I'm at 34 weeks soon and I'm feeling confident we can get to 37. Crossing my fingers and toes!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”