just when I thought things were ok...

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
mom29

Re : just when I thought things were ok...

Postby mom29 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:56 am

I'm so sorry you are going through this.
I've lost a 14 month old son and have had two miscarriages ( 14 weeks and 7 weeks).

Will continuing to get the email updates on a child who lived be helpful to you in the future? I ask because a friend who is currently pregnant asked me twice if the doctor knew *why* I miscarried and she wanted to get our families together for a visit. Although I think I've handled my recent miscarriage well, I was not up for spending the afternoon talking about her pregnancy when mine is over so I suggested we get together at a later date when she is over the morning sickness. Sometimes you have to avoid situations that you know will only make you feel bad.

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Tue Aug 04, 2009 07:46 am

It does come from out of nowhere sometimes, doesn't it. The love never goes away or changes, which is amazing, but it really hurts.

lisacarmel

Postby lisacarmel » Tue Aug 04, 2009 02:41 am

Jaymee, I'm sorry you've been having some rough days. I'm a little over a year into my grief and I do have to say that the days I breakdown are fewer and farther between. But none the less there are days when something triggers and I melt down. My friend lost her baby girl 25 years ago and she still cries every once in a while. I think it's natural but it stinks because it sneaks up on us. Hang in there and be gentle with yourself.

jaymee444

just when I thought things were ok...

Postby jaymee444 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:48 pm

One of the kids that Moe was in the nicu with. HIs mom emails me updates. Shementioned kindergarten and I just lost it.
It made me physically ill. I thought I had my grief in check and wow, it opened up so much more pain.
Then today while I Was at a farm/water place with my daughter, I spotted a kid around what would have been Moes age. He was in a powr chair, traced and buttoned. He wanted to go in the water so badly. His mom put his feet in. I guess I had a weierd look on my face and she asked If I had a trach kid. I told her my story breifly, hugged her little boy and brought my kid into the bathroom so I could cry.
why are there so many reminders when I am trying to put my grief in a place thats tolerable for me. Does this ever end??? I miss him like crazy..The love never goes away...

Return to “Grief and Loss”