Angry, numb and confused - UPDATE

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
love_the_daschies

Re : Angry, numb and confused - UPDATE

Postby love_the_daschies » Fri Nov 12, 638619 7:15 pm

I am so sorry Denise.

I don't have any helpful info regarding what to do. I have heard people say letting nature take it's course is better on the body if you were looking to try again soon (so sorry to even bring that up right now). But I don't know how i would handle the waiting.

So sorry.

frasiah
Forum Moderator

Postby frasiah » Fri Nov 12, 638619 1:12 pm

Denise,
I am so sorry for your loss. I have no recommendation either way for the D & C or waiting for it to happen naturally. What does the doctor recommend? I had a D & C previously and I would do the same again since I would not be able to handle the anxiety of when, where and how it will happen.
Again I am very sorry.

jacobkaden

Postby jacobkaden » Fri Nov 12, 638619 12:50 pm

Hi ya Denise,

So very sorry to hear this SAD news......you have been through so much already, it isn't fair. I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks, a blighted ovum. Once they assured me that absolutely the baby did not and would not develop and no, my dates were not wrong, I opted for a D&C. I just could not cope with being home or God knows where, waiting to miscarry naturally. I had already started bleeding off and on & was afraid of what I might "see" and/or complications developing.

Good luck with this very difficult decision - hugs.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 12, 638619 11:23 am

Thank you Becky.

rebecca2

Postby rebecca2 » Fri Nov 12, 638619 10:42 am

Denise, I don't have any suggestions regarding the D&C, but I wanted to tell you I'm sorry for your loss.

Angry, numb and confused - UPDATE

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 12, 638619 7:38 am

So I was 9 weeks pregnant and happily off to do my second ultrasound. Wasn't worried because the last one was great - nice strong heartbeat.

I noticed that the Ultrasound Tech was quiet and I think she wanted the Doctor to come into the room. I started getting suspicious, thinking, "Oh no. That sounds bad. Why would the Doctor need to come into the room?"

As it turned out, I got dressed and went back into the waiting room and waited for the Doctor to call my name. She said, "It isn't good Denise." My heart sank. I think we all know the ending to this story, right?

I still can't believe that my little 9 weeker is gone. Why? Why? Why? The heartbeat was strong last time. I had no symptoms. No cramping, no bleeding nada. I still can't believe it.

So, I just got into my car and bawled my eyes out and realized that I really, really wanted this baby. I really want Meggie to have a brother or sister and this really just sucks!!

I hate to bring up a painful topic but I am not sure what to do physically. Should I wait to lose the baby on my own or should I have a D & C. I would appreciate knowing the pros and cons from those of you who have been there. Feel free to email me privately.

Thanks for listening. Life sucks!!

UPDATE - JULY 30

It is really bothering me that I never saw the ultrasound screen. Two weeks ago when they saw a healthy heart beating away I never saw it and I never saw the heart not beating. So I phoned the fertility clinic and basically demanded that they see me as soon as possible. So I have an ultrasound on Tuesday and I will be prepared with my list of questions. I just need to see what is left of my precious little child so that I can get closure and move on. And yes, I will try again and I will succeed!! Do you hear that UNIVERSE?? LOL. :-) I am nothing if not doggone determined. In fact, this only makes me even more determined. To be continued.......

Return to “Grief and Loss”