A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
ladybug76135

Re : Angry, numb and confused - UPDATE

Postby ladybug76135 » Sat Mar 16, 638622 1:35 am

((hugs))... so sorry.

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Wed Mar 06, 638622 7:42 am

Denise, so sorry to hear this. sending you healing thoughts. take care.

joker

Postby joker » Wed Feb 20, 638622 7:38 pm

I am so sorry Denise. Hugs.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Sun Dec 05, 638619 9:53 pm

Denise. ((HUGS)) I am so sorry.....

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Sat Dec 04, 638619 9:31 pm

I'm very sorry for your loss. I've not been through a miscarriage but my personal feelings are if I did go through one I would want to do it "naturally" so I could have the baby in tact. I know that's not always possible and you have to do what is best for you. I'm so sorry and good luck.

amandamm

Postby amandamm » Sat Dec 04, 638619 9:00 pm

{{hugs}} Last year today I had a d&c for my first miscarriage. I was 10 weeks, and waited about 10 days for SOMETHING to start... nothing did, I felt lost and in limbo about it. Since nothing was going on, I scheduled the d&c, I wanted to get on with life, and mourn. The experience was hard, but much more on an emotional level. Today, I am trying to be positive about it, it was an experience, and I think it has helped me in a lot of ways, especially putting things in perspective.
With my second miscarriage it was earlier, and I would have had a d&c again, but there really wasn't time. Which was fine, it wasn't as painful as I expected, and it didn't last that long.
Good luck with your decision, either way... I requested 2 ultrasounds after we found out the baby had passed away, I needed to be sure before taking such measures.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sat Dec 04, 638619 4:50 am

I opted for the d&c with my one at 13 1/2 weeks. I'll email you more later when I get off of work. I have to leave for work now.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Wed Nov 24, 638619 4:30 pm

Oh, Denise. I am so very sorry to hear this. I was waiting for an update on your ultrasound, but never expected this. My sister had two losses - the first was a D&C and the second was natural. I know they were both hard on her emotionally. Sending you hugs....

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Wed Nov 24, 638619 11:45 am

Sorry to hear the bad news. You have to do what you feel comfortable with. I have had 3 previous miscarriages. With all 3 of mine I knew what was happening so I decided to hold out and let nature take its course. But you have to do what you feel you need. {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

mom29

Postby mom29 » Wed Nov 24, 638619 5:17 am

Denise, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.

When I went in for a routine prenatal visit at 14 weeks I found out my baby had died. My doctor was leaving for vacation that evening, the doctor covering for him did not like doing D&C's after 12 weeks and didn't want to induce labor until my body started miscarrying on it's own. I had to wait three weeks and the wait was so hard because I kept wondering when things would start. I had to watch a friend's child one afternoon and I wanted so much to back out of doing that, but my husband didn't understand so I just watched the child. When I was finally induced I was glad I did it that way because I got to see my son. It was sad, but I was also in awe as I held my perfectly formed baby in the palm of my hand. Seeing him brought a lot of closure to me.

When I miscarried at seven weeks earlier this month, I began spotting in the evening and passed the embryo & placenta completely intact the next afternoon. I'd say my most overwhelming feeling next to sadness was tremendous relief that I didn't have to wait a long time for the miscarriage to start (my symptoms had disappeared and I suspected I was going to miscarry). I bled for seven days and had no problems. My hcg level quickly dropped down under 50 when it was checked five days later.

I think you should do whatever you are most comfortable doing. If the thought of waiting to begin miscarrying on your own would be too much for you then a D&C might be a good option for you. If the thought of having a D&C bothers you then miscarrying at home might be your preference. Do whatever you are most comfortable doing during this sad time for you.

Hugs to you,
Judy

Return to “Grief and Loss”